the consequence of his actions

Characters:
Kai
Cole
Zane
Jay
Lloyd

Mentioned characters:
Nya
Sensei Wu

After season 4
(Cole's not a ghost, they don't have the tea shop yet, they have their elemental dragons, Lloyd's as old as the others and sensei Garmadon is dead (R.I.P. Garmadon, you'll be missed))
-----------------------------------------------------------

It's been 4 days since Nya and sensei Wu left the Destiny's Bounty, their flying ship, to find a new place to live for all of them. The rest of the team stayed home and waited patiently.

Kai laid quietly in his bunk bed trying to sleep while everyone else were asleep when he heard a sound. Or rather, sounds. It was soft footsteps, that only trained and alert ears could hear, and they left the bedroom before the water started to run. They later left the Bounty with a gentle thump! while closing the door.

'Again?', Kai thought for himself annoyed. He really wanted to spend their time without their sensei around resting but he felt uneasy about his sister not being around and the weirdo running around in the middle of the night didn't help.

'Whatever this guy is doing I've gotta bad feeling about it'

Time skip: early morning

Kai woke up early as he was used to be forced to do sunrise exercise with the others on Wednesdays (it was on Wednesdays, right?). It felt weird for him not to but he was also grateful.

He took a peek on the others to see if anyone else were up at this hour and surprisingly Cole's bed was empty.

'Huh? This is odd', he thought. Before he could finish his thought he heard something.

"Shoot", he whispered to himself and leaned back pretending to sleep. He heard how Cole silently stepped in the room and went to bed. He waited for who knows how long until he was sure Cole was asleep but accidentally drifted of to sleep himself.

When he woke up the others were already up and the smell of pancake drove him to the dining room.

When all the food was on their plates all of them started to eat. Jay was of course the one talking the most, this time it was about his relationship with Nya.

"I think it might work out this time, we've been talking a lot lately even if it's just by phone. Oh I can't wait when she comes back! Maybe I should take her out-"

Kai didn't want to hear more about it as he disliked the thought of his sister with a boyfriend, especially if it's supposed to be Jay or anyone else from the ninja team.

He took notice to Cole who picked on his food almost falling asleep, his head facing downward. Lloyd seemed more interested in his pancakes than Jay' s chatting while Zane actually listened to Jay and gave supportive responses. Kai sighed.

'Why me?'

Time skip: noon

"This is life", he sighed while sitting on a lounger with only shorts and sunglasses on (*wolf whistle* XD). He had already forgotten about morning and just enjoyed the sun.
Then he felt a coldness and opened his eyes in confusion. "What do you want, Zane?"

"I wonder if any of you would like to challenge me in a sparring battle?", he asked. "It was a long time ago I fought someone"

Kai chucked in response. "Sorry man, ask someone else"