the Halloween masquerade

Characters:
Jay
Kai
Nya
Zane
Cole
Lloyd
Sensei Wu

Mentioned characters:
Cyrus Borg
P. I. X. A. L.

After season 4
______________________________________

It was dark at the museum.

Not dark enough to walk into a wall without noticing, but dark enough to be called, well, dark. There were pumpkin carvings, candles and fake spider web everywhere and more than 100 people attended the party, everyone dressed as vampires, zombies, witches, and more.

"Hey guys! Look, there's candy!"

"Really?!"

"Jay, stop hyping up Lloyd with candy"

"I'm serious! I'll be back in a bit!"

Kai sighed as Jay and Lloyd walked over to a table with Halloween-themed cherry punch, punch with alcohol, cookies, candy and other snacks and sweets.

"Wait for me!", Cole jogged over to the snack-table, making sure to not trip on the black cloak he wore.

"I'm going to search for mr. Borg", Zane said and left the siblings alone.

They walked around and talked for around 20 minutes as they watched people dance, talk and enjoy themselves. There were also different games you could play, but none of the games was appealing for either of them.

Nya looked around and sighed. "It's nice to do new things, but to be honest, this is kinda disappointing", Nya pointed out. "I want to do something exciting, something thrilling"

"Like what? Being chased by the stone army?", Kai joked and laughed, showing up his sparkling, devilishly sharp, canines. When he closed his mouth he accidentally bit his lip. "Ow!"

"That's karma", Nya laughed. Kai's finger brushed his bottom lip and he could feel something wet and sticky dripping down his jaw. (For you dirty minded out there: stop XD)

"I'm going to a restroom, you know where it is?", Nya shook her head and Kai excused himself and took off in a direction.

Time skip 10 minutes

Kai spotted Cole who was no longer at the snack table. He had flipped down his hood but his make-up was still on. It looked almost genuine, the ebony white on its right places and the dark spots melting in with the environment. The only thing that was off with his make-up was around his mouth where it had faded away.

He had a cup with punch in one hand and a scythe in the other, and Kai noticed that Cole had taken off his skeleton-looking gloves. "Cole, do you know where the restroom is?"

"Kai! Mmm, heh", Cole slurred with a humorous lilt, but Kai understood what he said anyway. "You look like you slit someone's throat with your teeth"

"Do you know, where, the restroom is?", Kai repeated, eyeing his drink. The blood had dried and it looked like a part of his costume, but Kai didn't like it. It was kind of gross to be honest.

"Maybe...", he slurred with a smirk.

'Are you serious?', Kai sighed as he left his presumably drunk brother. 'At least I'm not the one who'll get in trouble'

Sooner or later he found the restroom beside the remade skeleton of a Grundle. He walked inside to see Lloyd washing his hands. He jumped a little when he saw the fire ninja. "K-Kai?"