paying for past mistakes

Characters:
Ronin
Kai
Skylor
Nya
Jay
Zane
Cole
Sensei Wu
Misako
Lloyd

After season 5
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Where is it?", Ronin murmured in frustration for himself as he hoofed trough the Forest of Tranquility in the early morning. 'I shouldn't have put the bag of money here, everything looks the same!'

As he searched for the money he hid he noticed a familiar knife on the ground. It had a black plastic handle and a shiny blade with some dried red liquid on it. He had seen the knife before in the Bounty once.

"What the..?", Ronin trailed off as he picked the knife up. "Is that blood?"

There was more of the liquid on the grass and a trail of it that went to an orange figure hidden in the higher grass around 10 feet away. He followed the trail and found a body. It was a female who was around her twenties, she had red hair in a ponytail and an orange gi. Her skin was pale and her eyes wide open, empty from any sign of life. She lied on her stomach and faced to the right. She had a wound just where her neck met the back of her head and it was still oozing blood from it.

'I recognize her', he thought as he remembered a young adult who ran a noodle house with the same hair color and gi. 'What was her name again? Ah, Skylor Chen! Wait a second...'

Ronin paled. 'Isn't that the master of amber and the ninja' s friend?'

He accidentally dropped the knife and ran back to R. E. X., his aerial vehicle, before he flew off to inform the ninja.

Time skip 2 hours

After Ronin had found the Bounty, where the ninja lived at the moment, he was brought inside by sensei Wu.

Ronin stood up as the others sat down in the living room. Lloyd, Zane and Jay still wore their pajamas while Kai and Cole wore their ninja gis. Nya, Misako and sensei Wu had their ordinary clothes on. Cole came 5 minutes later than the others.

"What do you want? It's 7 in the morning!", Jay groaned.

"7 is not that early", Cole retorted.

"Well, I was sleeping!"

"Jay, Cole", Lloyd said and interrupted the two rather annoyed. "Ronin came here obviously for a reason so let him talk"

"Thank you", Ronin thanked. He took a deep breath before he spoke. "It's about Skylor"

"I didn't even know you knew her", Nya said sheepishly.

"Not really, but I've met her before and recognized her when I saw her", Ronin admitted.

"Has something happened to her?", Kai asked in a worried tone.

"Yes, she... she's dead", Ronin said in sorrow. The others' eyes widened in shock. No one was prepared to hear that.

"No. No no no no...", Kai repeated and buried his face in his hands, his breathing quickened.

"Oh my", Zane gasped.

"Haha, good joke", Jay said, mostly trying to convince himself. "It is a joke, right?"

"Sadly not", Ronin responded.

They were devastated by this new information Ronin brought to them. As Ronin told them the details they became horrified.

"She was murdered!?", Misako exclaimed in disbelief.