Chapter 40

"Dont touch her!"

"But she looks so real..."

"Obviously she looks real - she is real, idiot!"

"But she's dead..."

"Well, so are you."

"Sylvia, be nice. He's new to all of this."

"You don't have to tell me twice. Every five minutes he asks me where the bathroom is."

"I'm forgetful and this place is huge."

"Danny, okay, stop poking her."

"Oh, so you can tell him what to do but when I do it I'm being 'mean'?"

"You are mean."

"Because you're an idiot!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"I heard you sucked her boyfriend's cock?"

"Sylvia!"

"What? I'm curious. I wonder what she'll do to you when she wakes up."

I grumbled a string of profanities. These people had no respect for those sleeping.

"Ssh, she's waking up."

"Better hide away Daniel."

"Sylvia, don't call me that!"

"I'm already awake, you dipshits!" I snapped, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. "No respect. Utterly rude..." I looked around. "Where's the food?"

"Daniel, pass on the chicken nuggets and dipping sauce," Sylvia instructed.

A lean-built guy with a mop of brown curls scrambled to grab the food and give it to me. I stuffed it all in my mouth and mumbled an inaudible, "Thank you," in Danny's direction and licked the sauce off my fingers and lips.

"Don't wipe your hands on the -" But Roman stopped halfway because I did exactly that.

"You didn't give me chocolate - I don't forget about food, especially not chocolate," I said standing up.

"Chocolate isn't food," Danny mumbled under his breath.

"What was that, Danny? Did you just correct me?" I arched a brow at him in accusation. He sucked my boyfriend's dick. He had no right.

"Meredith, I -"

"Danny, if you're going to apologize for slurping my boyfriend's baby gravy - don't." I sat on the edge of the bed and let out a heavy sigh. That sleep was just what I needed. "So why is there a gathering in Roman's bedroom."

"I brought food but I can leave -"

"No, don't leave, Daniel," Roman said, gesturing to the seat at the desk. "We might need your help."

"Not you too..." Danny sighed. "I'm ready to help with what ever it is."

"What exactly do you do here anyway?" I asked Danny. He looked surprised at my question. I think he expected me to yell at him. Even though the very thought of Danny and David together made my stomach turn and my head spin - it didn't mean I wouldn't be civil to him. Danny wasn't that bad anyway.

"I work in the control centre with Sylvia," he answered after two minutes of silence.

"Okay, Meredith, stop stalling," Roman cut in. "You know why we're having this gathering."

I shiver ran through me and I had to physically hold myself together again. I knew that I had to discuss why I had passed out in the garden earlier. But just thinking about it made me terrified. What I had seen, was horrifying and gruesome. You know you watch those movies on the apocalypse and you're like, "Well, damn, that horrible, I hope that doesn't happen?" Well, it doesn't, that's good, right? No, its not. Because what happens is much worse. Hollywood didn't cover everything. In fact, they were way off base with what actually happens during the End Times.