Epilogue

I was breathing heavily. I was surrounded in darkness. But the darkness was familiar to me - it was the darkness of Roman's bedroom and over the last months, maybe even years, spending it with him I've grown accustomed to the comfortable darkness that cloaks his bedroom.

I was pushed up against the black wall, with my legs wrapped around Roman's waist and he was fucking me.

His thrusts were powerful. It had to be the sixth or seventh time having sex with him but it felt like every time it just got better and better.

"You... feel... so good," he growled and came. The sound he made alone was enough to send me over the edge.

Roman and I were "together" now. Whatever "together" even meant. We never discussed the details. He was protective of me and hated me looking at any other guy and pretended not to be pissed when I spent time with Topher, despite the fact that Topher was now with Sylvia - yeah, weird, I know. He never asked me out so technically he wasn't my boyfriend? But we occasionally fucked whenever I found a chance to teleport to him - when I wasn't hunting demons with Toph.

Speaking of hunting demons - it was my calling all along. I helped more than I could realize. Plus, being a Hunter means I get to roam the material realm and I noted that Mom and Dad are together again. Jusy yesterday I found myself in my familiar street and in my familiar town - Hope, the friendliest little town in the mountains. I saw my parents cuddling on the couch, it was a feat I never thought I'd see. I was too afraid to go in. What if I shot back away from the door like I had last time? So I stayed away. I spoke to Roman about it - well, attempted to, he pulled me toward him and began to undress me.

Now, I glared up at him. When he saw the harsh glare I was throwing at him he flinched. "Is this about my dad?" I smiled. He actually used the word 'dad'. It was the first time. "Because we spent all day together yesterday. I guess you were right when you said he wasn't that bad."

I let out a short bark of laughter. "I told you he wasn't that bad. But that's besides the point. I was glaring at you because we were having - or I thought we were - having an important discussion and then you interrupted me with your hands and your face and your lips and your di - No! You know the effect that you have on me..." I sighed, repeating the mantra clean thoughts over and over in my head. "We were talking about -"

"Your mother and father cuddling in front of the television - I know. I listened to the words in between the moans." He winked and I could feel my cheeks burn. "You have accepted your death. You may enter the house now. You have severed your ties from the material realm. So you wouldn't be shot back like last time."

Thinking back, and remembering how Roman had been my guide through the material felt weird. It felt like a distant memory now. I thought about how I evolved not only physically with my powers but mentally. I'm not sure if I should say 'matured' because I'm still childish as fuck, so maybe, I don't know. But I'm not that naive. I'm stronger on my own. And I'm happier than I've ever been in a really long time.

"How about we take a trip to earth?" Roman suggested. "For old times sake?" He wiggled his brows and smiled.

I grinned. "I love you."

"I love you."

***

Everyone wanted to tag along. So it wasn't me and Roman's trip anymore. It was everyone's trip. When Sylvia heard that we were going she said she was taking an off-day and wanted to go with us. She felt as though, since she had never killed herself in the first place she was wrongfully placed in headquarters so she just took of whenever she wanted. Instead of going to her Elysium. Then, somehow, Alex heard and whenever we go to heaven, Alex makes it his duty to go. Danny didn't want to stay alone in headquarters with Reggie always strolling in and shouting in that loud voice of his - we all know that Danny is a pussy.