Chapter 51

Having the third eye meant being able to teleport apparently. I hadn't seen that coming but Alexandru helped me activate it, much to Roman'a dismay.

We were walking through the long hallway leading to the Chamber, after all it was where this all started, and Alex says that he thinks Kassima has been Lucifer's new henchman now. He had an inkling that Alex had switched sides - I still couldn't believe it. I think it was because of Roman's presence. It brought some good in him that everyone - including me - thought was non-existent.

Alex opened the Chamber and we all stepped inside and the lights switched on. There standing next to one another was Kassima and Lucifer. Only this time, Kassima looked different her dreadlocks were replaced with long dark flowing hair - the same hair she used to have when she was younger.

"Look who joined us, your Grace," Kassima said. Her eyes locked on mine and then it landed on Sylvia and she grinned. "Sylvia. Nice to see you. It's been a long while." Sylvia gave her the finger. Kassima laughed. "I see being dead made you ball-sy, huh?"

"You tell me?" Sylvia retorted with a smirk and Kassima glowered at her.

Topher who was awake and standing - grinned - "Shit, just got good!"

"Shut up!" I said through gritted teeth.

Topher pouted and stayed back.

"Meredith, its nice to see you and your love here with us." Kassima gave me that friendly smile she first gave me when I met her. I wish I knew then. I wish I had received the third eye then and not so late. I could've probably prevented all of this.

"It's nice to see you all," Lucifer said in his beautiful voice flashing us an equally beautiful smile. "Alexandru. I see you've finally met your son. He has your eyes, you know."

I glared at Lucifer. "What do you want?"

"I want the End. You know what I get with that? An army of souls. I get to conquer the material realm," Lucifer explained. "And you're stopping me from getting it."

"She is the key. She holds the third eye. Cant you just get that and get the End?" Kassima asked him.

"I don't think that'll work. Last time, she created some sort of vortex that sucked in everything. She created the End and then the world had a do-over," Lucifer said. "She created and then prevented the End so no army for me." He cocked his head to the side and looked at me carefully. I didn't expect him to remember. Then again, he was Satan, he was powerful, he knew everything. "There's something about her that... no one can explain. Not even me." Lucifer looked turned and faced Kassima. "But you - you can."

I felt a chill run through me.

"Me -"

And then he shoved his beautiful hand inside of her and ripped something out. It was glowing and it was white.

Roman looked disgusted. "It's her soul power..." he said, reading my mind, literally.

And then, Lucifer devoured it and Kassima disappeared into a cloud of stardust.

Then, Lucifer teleported me toward him - one minute I was right next to Roman, the next I was held by Lucifer. Suddenly, Lucifer's icy eyes turned white and he smiled widely, his smile then contorted into a grimace and then fear was etched on his face and he pushed me away from him. I fell onto the ground and Roman helped me up and held me tightly to his chest. Lucifer began to speak in tongues and then we weren't in Hell anymore. We were on the beach at the pizzeria.

"What the -"

"- fuck?" Sylvia completed for me.

Roman looked equally as perplexed as I and Danny seemed to be in panic-mode while Topher looked nauseous from the sudden teleportation. Meg, on the other hand, was pacing but was confused and frustrated just as the rest of us. Alexandru looked at me with wide eyes.

"What?"

"You scared Satan." And those simple words slipping from Alexandru's lips was enough to make everyone laugh.

"Yeah right!" Danny said.

"I'm serious. What he saw must have been enough to spook him," Alex said, and everyone quieted down. The weight of his words crashing down on us in shock.

I had to pick to pick up my jaw from the floor to form the next sentence. "What was he saying?"

"'Death Star' repeatedly and then he said an incantation to send us back here."

"What's 'Death Star'?" Sylvia asked.

"It's the sun," Danny answered.

"We shouldn't think about this too much. We should be content with the fact that Lucifer left us alone and we're free from him and safe. Also the fact that Kassima is dead and we will never have to deal with her ever again," Meg said.

"But -" I interjected.

"No," Roman said. "Meg's right."

"Let's not dig into shit when we've barely dug ourselves out." Topher said, sighing.

"I agree," Sylvia said.

I frowned and looked over at Danny.

"I don't want to get involved with anything named 'Death Star'," he said quickly.

Rolling my eyes and huffing out an aggravated breath, I nodded. "Okay. No digging into that..."

Alexandru nodded approvingly.

"What happens now?" Danny asked.

"Y'all go back to GR headquarters and I take these two back the island," Meg answered. "But what about you?" She gestured to Alexandru.

"I'm helping at headquarters, too. Reggie and I were soul eating buddies back in the day," Alex said, grinning. Our heads all snapped to Alex. "So we might as well attempt to get along." He looked right at Roman, who sighed and nodded.

I smiled at that. I really hoped everything would be okay and that everything would work out. I wished for nothing more than that.

"Can we first have pizza though?" Topher said staring at Pizza Palace in awe and hunger.

Roman grinned. "Yeah, that sounds good right now."

We all turned away from the beautiful view and rumbling ocean and entered the pizzeria. The kids that were there didn't bother to glance up - they almost never acknowledged other people.

We found booth and everyone slid in but just as I was about to sit down Roman tugged on my sleeve. "Come with me." Everyone eyed us and Topher made a very graphic image of someone giving head. I flipped him the bird and followed Roman to an empty booth in the back of the pizzeria.

As soon as we sat down the booth Roman spoke, "So now that you know that I claimed you and everything I just don't want anything to be awkward -" But before he could finish his long monologue - which I did not want to hear, because no doubt he would say something stupid that would upset me - I placed my mouth on his. He froze for at least two seconds before he kissed me back with as much passion and desire as I felt towards him. His mouth moved expertly over mine. He tasted so good. I could drown in it forever.

When he pulled away, he looked at me with bedroom eyes and said those three word a I've been waiting to hear for so fucking long.

"I love you."