Crush

It was Thursday date night but RJ suggested that they stay in and practice Maine's spiels for the cooking demo she'll be doing on Saturday as part of her cook book's launch. She'll also be using the same recipe for her Unang Hirit guesting next Monday.

She was going over tips on how to cook pasta properly when she stammered. She paused then sighed and threw her script on the countertop. He knew she was getting frustrated. "Ugh. Love. I can't! I can't do this! Sobrang kinakabahan ako. How am I going to pull this off? Isang linggo na kong nagpapraktis, bakit di ko pa din matawid ng maayos?," she asked no one in particular as she leaned on the table and covered her face with her hands, her elbows for support.

RJ went around the countertop and leaned down to scoop her waist and rest his chin on her shoulder. "Love," he said softly. "Kaya mo yan. Kaya mo to. I know you're nervous, I can only imagine kung gano kadaming daga ang nagpipiyesta sa dibdib mo but I know you got this, ok? Ikaw pa ba? You are Nicomaine Dei Mendoza." He paused to kiss her shoulder. "The best magluto, the best magmahal. Aray! Uuuuy, Ok na sya. Nangungurot na e."

She pinched his arm again. "RJ naman e. Seryoso ako. Pano kung mabulol ako? Pano kung masunog yung niluluto ko? Or worse, pano kung di masarap kapag tinikman ng guests. Pano pag di magustuhan ni Ivan Mayrina yung luto ko?," she cried out.

"You're gonna do great, my love. Gusto mo bang magpractice ulit sa Cafe del Rio? My kitchen is always availa---wait lang?! Teka sandale! Ivan Mayrina? Kelangan specifically maimpress mo sya?," RJ asked, puzzled and slightly scowling. "Anong meron kay Ivan Mayrina, aber?," he turned to look at her, waiting for her answer.

Maine turned to face him, his arms still around her waist, and cupped his face with her hands. "Love, kasi ano---," she said trailing off, her cheek blushing.

"Ano? Bat nagbablush ka?," he asked, his brows furrowed, he won't admit it because he knew it was unreasonable but he was already feeling jealous. He didn't even think he'd ever be jealous of any of his girlfriend's crush. He wasn't jealous of Beau Mirchoff or Ian Veneracion.

She paused for a few moments before answering his question. "Eh kasi. Kasi ano...crush ko si Ivan Mayrina," She admitted softly, almost inaudible before ducking her head and tucking strands of her hair behind her ear and blushing even more. Nobody else knew about her little crush until now.

"Ah ok," he whispered, pouting. Maine heard a tinge of something she couldn't place from his voice. He couldn't be jealous, could he?

"OMG! Nagseselos ka ba, Love?" She asked, her eyes widened, trying not to giggle because jealous RJ was just too cute. "Di ka nagselos kay James pero kay Sir Ivan nagseselos ka? Crush ko din naman si Ian Veneracion. Di ka din naman nagselos dun, ah."

"Eh kasi naman. Mas malalim pa dimple saken ni Ivan e," he admitted, pouting even more. "Tinatawanan mo ko." He looked even cuter she could just squish this marshmallow, her marshmallow.

"Love, first of all, sa next Monday ko pa malalaman kung gaano kalalim ang dimple nya when I see him up close. Second, bakit ka magseselos eh crush lang naman yun?"

"Eh. Basta. Si Ian Veneracion, di mo pa nakikita yun in person. Pero si Ivan, makikita mo sya up close in a few days. Baka makalimutan mong andun ako pag nakita mo na sya," he worried as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Hala sya. Bakit ang cute mo?" She asked, pinching his cheeks. "Love, wag ka nang magselos. Kahit gano pa kalalim yung dimple ni Sir Ivan,..." RJ poked his finger into his dimple. "...kahit gano pa ko masilaw sa smile nya,..." He smiled his toothiest smile. "...kahit gano pa sya kaguwapo..." He gave her a smoulder and grazed his nose with his thumb. Noticing him, she then paused to sigh dreamily for the sole purpose of teasing her boyfriend before looking into his eyes.