The Ball/Prom

I arrived at school and saw Felicity running towards me. "Caitlin guess who asked me to prom." Felicity said. "Oliver?" I said guessing like she said . "Yeah I'm so excited . Has anyone asked you?"Felicity said . "No and I don't think anyone's going to. It's this Friday and I haven't been asked yet , so I don't think I'll be going ." I said a little sad . "No way you're going to prom. It's my duty as your best friend to make you go to prom. You can hang out with Oliver and I . You don't have to have a date." Felicity said in a reassuring voice. "I don't now Fel." I said . "You'll only have prom once in your life Caitlin. I'm forcing you to go . You'll thank me later in life. " Felicity said while I realize I can't get out of this. "So are you coming dress shopping with me." Felicity asked . "I don't even know if my "step mom" will let me go to the dance. " I said putting air quotes over step mom because she's not at all a mom to me. "Just go anyways . If she says you can't go I'll help you sneak out ." Felicity says as I laugh. "You're such a rebellious teen ." I said still laughing . "So that's a yes." Felicity asked . "Yeah I'll go dress shopping with you , but I'm not trying any on . " I said . "It's a dance you have to wear a dress ." Felicity said. "I'll just wear jeans ." I said with a laugh. "If I buy you a dress you like will you wear it." Felicity said . "Yeah , but I don't see the point of getting dressed up. I don't even  have a date." I said following with a sigh . "You have two more days to get a guy to ask you out." Felicity said. "No one is going to ask me out. " I say . "So what be your own person . You don't need a guy . You're an independent young lady . Now come con lets go to class. I'll pick you up after school so we can go dress shopping . Felicity says as she hugs me. "See you later." I say

The day went by really fast. I went to the car lot to meet Felicity at her car. She arrived with a smile in her face . "Someone's happy . What happened ." I say the curiously getting he best of me. "I kissed Oliver ." Felicity said blushing as she started the car. "I'm assuming he  kissed back." I said laughing at her excitement . "Yes he did ." Felicity said blushing .

Felicity and I picked out a few dresses to try on. I tried in a black colored dress because I hate bright colors with a deep passion . I didn't like being the center of attention . Bright colors make you stand out in a crowd . That I didn't like. Felicity told me to come out when I was ready , so she could give me her opinion on my dress and I could give her an opinion on hers . I  waited for for Felicity to come out for a few minutes. She can't out and she looked really pretty in her red dress. "You look really pretty in that one." I say as she smiles and looks in the mirror . "You look gorgeous , but you should go for a brighter color. " Felicity said as we walked back in to the dressing rooms to change. We went through several more until I only had one left to try on. This one was a little shorter , but I tried it on anyways. I really liked to design. I walked out to meet Felicity already out in her dress . She looked at me and started smiling . "Caitlin I think that one looks really good on you. You look amazing . " Felicity said as she laid out her dresses choosing the one she liked the best . I did the same . I gave her my opinion on what dress she looked better in and she did the same .  Felicity picked the first dress she tried on and I picked the last dress I tried on. "We did good ." Felicity said as she gave me a high five. I offered to pay for my dress , but Felicity insisted on paying for it.

The days went by really fast . I looked at the date and today was prom . Felicity was so excited for it. We both did each other's makeup . I was really good at doing makeup. I watch tutorials on it all the time. I picked out a color to match Felicity's dress. After thirty minutes I was done . She was surprised how well her makeup looked . She did mine and it took her thirty minutes as well . Felicity was skilled at makeup , so she did a good job . "You look amazing Fel. " I said smiling. "And you look gorgeous Cait.I'm sorry no one asked you out . Some guys are idiots and can't see what's right in front of them. " Felicity said trying to make me feel better. "By the way I got you a mask . They changed the theme at the last minute to a masquerade . " Felicity said handing me a mask . "Thanks." I said . "Now let's take a selfie ." Felicity said as she got out her phone and took several photos with me. "Alright let's go I think Oliver is waiting with his car outside . Let's hurry so we can get to the party before the clock strikes midnight . " Felicity said making a Cinderella reference . I laughed and got into Oliver's car. I had a flash back for a few seconds .