Mistletoe

"Isn't this the most beautiful time of the year ?" Caitlin asked mesmerized by the Christmas tree . "Yes it is." I reply gazing at her . "Guys check this out ." Cisco said looking outside . "It's snowing ." I reply with joy . "Barry isn't this all just wonderful ? " Iris asks . "Yeah all of us together like one happy team. I know I messed up big time going back in time . I just wanted to apologize again . I'm so sorry for causing all of your lives to be messed up. I'm truly sorry guys . " I say looking down at the ground . "Barry although I'm still mad I forgive you . You have the weight of the world oh your shoulders . We all make mistakes and we have to own those mistakes. I will stick by you and this team . We are all in this together." Caitlin says looking at me . "You have no idea how much that means to me . What about you guys?" I ask looking at the rest of the team . "Barry just be careful from now on and don't make that mistake again ." Joe said . I look over to Cisco . "You killed my brother , but I know you are sorry for it . It took me a while to get over it , but I finally forgive you." He says "Alright I think this is a team hug moment ." HR says holding out his arms . Everyone rolls their eyes. "Yeah come on guys ." Cisco says . We all join the hug . "Alright now the party begins!" Cisco said holding his eggnog up. Caitlin's angelic laugh pervaded throughout the room . I steal a glance from her . I can't stop staring at her face . I quickly remind myself of the situation I'm in . I'm dating Iris , but I've been wanting to break up with her because of my feelings for Caitlin .I'll break it to Iris on New Years Eve."Who's up to playing in the winter snow? " Cisco asks with cheer . "I'd rather be by the warm toasty fire ." Caitlin said walking towards the fireplace. "I side with Caitlin ." Iris says rubbing her hands together near the fire . "As do I ." I said sitting near the warm fire . "Aww you guys are no fun." Cisco said . "I would be down for a snowball fight ." HR said . "It's no fun with two people ." Cisco pouted . "Maybe later ." I say brightening his mood . He acts like a child sometimes , but that's why I love him . His child like personality makes everyone smile . He's like a brother to me .Everyone gathers around the fire telling Christmas traditions. I don't want to miss out on the stories so I stop gazing at Caitlin . After everyone shares their story we venture to the kitchen to wait on the food Joe was cooking . I lean against the doorframe and Caitlin's standing next to me . Iris is telling everyone about her favorite Christmas movie . She said we would watch it later . I look up at the ceiling to stop staring at Caitlin . My eye catches mistletoe hanging above the doorframe. I look back to Caitlin and back to Iris . Should I kiss her? Maybe now is a good time to reveal my feelings for her . I'm currently dating Iris , so I can't . I look over to Caitlin and she's looking at the mistletoe. She looks away and back at me . "I should probably move ." She said with a fake smile . "Wait it's a tradition and you can't break tradition. " I say as everyone stares at us . "What's going on guys!" Iris asks . "Well I was just telling Caitlin that it's not good to break a tradition. Don't you agree?" I ask . Iris looks at me and back at the mistletoe. "Yeah you should never break tradition." Iris said giving me permission to kiss her . I look back to Caitlin . Me and her under the mistletoe. "So what shall it be Cait? It's up to you . " I say . She looks to Iris and she nods her head . A sign of approval . I didn't know why she was okay with this . Eddie walks in and sits next to Iris . Caitlin could tell I was sensing something between them . She grabbed my shirt and pushed me agains the doorframe . Her lips met mine and it was amazing . I passionately kiss her back . I didn't hear anyone say anything . If Iris wanted me to stop she would say so . After a couple of seconds of passionately kissing she breaks away . I wasn't expecting her to kiss me so passionately. I looked at Iris who was just laughing at something Eddie said . "Dude I got a photo and a video ." Cisco said with a evil laugh . "Dude that's not cool." I say ."Hey can I talk to you for a second?" I ask motioning to the other room."Sure." Caitlin said following me. "Listen I really like you and I wanted you to know that . I was actually thinking about ending my relationship with Iris . I just feel as if I'm destined to be with someone else . You know?" I ask . "Really that's unfortunate. I'm sorry you guys didn't work out . When are you going to break up with her ." She asks . "I'm thinking now . I'll tell her how I have feelings for someone else . " I say putting emphasis on someone else . "Oh really who ." She asks curiously. "You Caitlin . You." I say . "Oh wow well that's interesting." She says biting her lip . She was thinking . "Well in going to go break the news to her." I say leaving her to think . "Good you're here Barry! I have something to tell you . " Iris says pulling me to the other room. "I have something to tell you." I say . "You go first ." She says . "Well I kind of have feelings for someone else ." I say rubbing the back of my neck nervously .She hugs me for some odd reason . "You're not mad?" I ask . "I kind of have feelings for Eddie. Don't miss out on your chance go get her ." Iris says about Caitlin . "Thank you and I wish you and Eddie a good relationship." I say giving her a hug . I find Caitlin sitting outside on the porch swing. "Hey what are you doing out here in the cold?"I ask putting my coat around her . "I just broke up with Iris ." I say . "So you really like me?" She asks . "Yes and I was wondering if maybe you felt the same way." I said swinging the swing . "I actually do ." She says . "Really?!? Would you maybe want to be my girlfriend?" I ask with excitement . "I would." She says . "I can't believe this is happening"I say with excitement.

We went inside and explained the situation to everyone. "So it all stated under the mistletoe?" Cisco asked . "Yeah I guess you could say that." I say smiling at Caitlin .The rest if the evening we watched Christmas movies .

Requested by and dt -Shelley
Mistletoe By Justin Bieber