Nerve

If you have not watched Nerve I recommend watching it . This will contain major spoilers, so just a heads up.

Quick synopsis on the game Nerve :

Nerve is a game where you can choose to be a watcher or a player . Watchers watch the players preform dares . The watchers provide the dares . If you as a player complete a dare you get rewarded with money. Some of the dares are easy  , but some are dangerous. If  you quit in the middle of a dare you fail . If you try and tell a police officer , or get help, the game takes control of your life , so there is no escaping playing the game . You'll have to keep playing , or you and your family lives will be ruined . The only way out is to win the finale .

I read the screen and though before I acted . "Are you a watcher or a player?" A voice from the computer sounded . I quickly closed the screen not wanting to be apart of this stupid trend . "Come by the Jitters , so we all can hang out ." Iris's text read . I got ready and headed towards Jitters . "Hey guys!" I sit next to Cisco. "Hey what up?" He smiles . "Nothing much. Have you guys heard about that Nerve game?" Iris pulls out her phone to show us . "I'm going to be a player." Iris says confidently. "Caitlin isn't that the guy you like?" Kara points to Ronnie Raymond . "Yeah." I look to him and his friends . "You've been pining over him for years , go and ask him out ." Iris suggests . "I can't." I sigh . "Fine I'll do it for you." Iris gets up. "No!" I say . "If you want ask him , I'll ask him for you." She smiles . "Whatever." I shoo her off . I hide behind my menu until I heard my name . He looked at me and I waved . Iris walked back with a frown . "He's a jerk anyways." She shakes her head . "What'd he say?" I wonder aloud . "He said you're not his type." She paraphrased. "He doesn't know what he's missing." Cisco comforts me . "I got to go guys." I fast walk to my car .

"Honey have you been looking at the medical school I showed you?" My mom asked . "Yes I did." I lie . The truth was I didn't want to be a doctor . What I really want to be is a artist. I've been looking into this perfect college and it looks like the right one for me . The problem is it's thousands of miles away , my mom wouldn't approve of me being an artist , and it would cost a fortune. I can't even afford the junk of a car I have now .
"Sign up and watch me." Iris begs over FaceTime . "Okay this is me signing up ." I pretend to sign up . "Come on Caitlin sign up . I need the watchers!" She pleads. "I got to go."I say as I ended the call. As I looked to the Nerve screen an idea popped into my head . This is how I can afford college. Apparently every dare you complete you get money. This is how I'm going to live my dream! This will also show everyone that I can live in the edge . "Are you a watcher or a player?" The screen asks . I press player and sign up. I text Cisco and he agreed to film me doing the dares . We went to the restaurant and I opened up the dare . It read "Kiss a stranger for five seconds". I can do this . I walk through the restaurant mentally crosses several guys off my list . "Just kiss that guy." Cisco points to a heavyset older guy . I cringe at the thought of kissing him . He gets up and reveals a young man reading a book . "I'll kiss him! He reads." I wiggle my eyebrows. "Okay remember to film the kiss . " I walk to the stranger . "Uh.. Hi. " He sets the book to the side , giving me his full attention. "I love that book! It's one of my favorite." I smile . "Please tell me they make it out in the end." He hopes . "Actually don't tell me ." He decided. "Wait do tell me ." He makes up his mind . "Well they do , but it's really about the journey along the way . The lighthouse can be symbolized by .." I catch myself rambling. "And I'm geeking out to you I'm sorry ." I lightly hit my forehead . I look to Cisco and he gave me a thumbs up . "Uh.." I quickly lean in and kiss him . After the five amazing seconds I found my myself still kissing him . After I came to realization of the situation, I quickly dashed to the booth Cisco was in . "Did you get it?" I say hiding in the booth from awkwardness . "Yeah all ten episodes." He jokes. "Wait where'd he go?" I look to the booth the stranger was previously in. "There." Cisco points to him . I see him singing "Summer Loving" as he danced through the  restaurant. "It's a dare." Cisco concluded looking behind him to see someone recording the stranger . "I met a girl crazy for me." He finished jumping from the table he was on to right next to me . The girl handed him the camera . "That was quite the dare." I laugh . "You did good with your dare ." He teases . My phone rings , along with his . "Apparently the watchers like us together." He smiles . The dare read "take her to the city". "Sorry I'm not allowed to go to the city." I frown. "I'll be outside of you change your mind .And it was nice to meet you Caitlin ." He reads my username from my phone . I take a glance to his and it read "Barry_" . He walks outside. "I could use the money." I glance towards Cisco. "You're not seriously considering this?" He questions . "Sorry." I fast walk to Barry outside . "So are you coming?" He hold out a helmet. "The second I feel uncomfortable I'm leaving." I notify him . "Sounds good partner." He smiles handing me the helmet . I wrap my arms around his torso and after a long ride we arrive at the city . "Dare complete." My phone sounds . A few seconds later a new dare appeared on my phone . "Go try on a dress at the store in front of you ." It read . I looked to the store . It had expensive clothes in the window . I walk in and try to find a nice dress . A lady helps me pick one out and I try it on . I walk out of the dressing room and look in the mirror. I likes the way it looked on me . "You look beautiful." Barry said with a smile . "So do you ." I took in his appearance. "I mean you look hot. I mean handsome." I hit myself mentally. He lightly chuckles and hacks his phone . I check mine to see "walk out of the store".I walk to my dressing room and can't find my previous outfit. I frantically search everywhere. I met Barry in the main room. "You too?" I question. "Yup." He says . "So how are we going to leave if we don't have our clothes. I'm not stealing these." I look to him . "Well.. it technically only said we had to leave , so .." He takes off his outfit so he's only in his boxers . "You're crazy." I laugh. "Come on let's go." He rushes me . "I'm not doing that." I refuse . "It's your only option." He pointed out. I stripped to my bra and underwear. I couldn't help but check out Barry's absolutely gorgeous body . I quickly caught myself and he grabbed my hand and we hastily walked through the store . We got manly people staring at us . When we finally made it outside we found our clothes , along with the dress and tuxedo. "Did the watchers pay for these?" I ask . "Looks so." He hold the receipt in his hand . I breath a breath of fresh air knowing they're not stolen . His phone rings and he checks it . I didn't feel like looking to my phone , so I let him tell me . "60 mph on your motorcycle." He reads . His phone needles again and his former smile fell into a frown . "What is it ?" I ask . He shows me the screen that read "reach 60 mph blindfolded". "I need someone to be my eyes." He pleads . "No way I'm not doing that." I shake my head . "It's been a lovely night bye ." I walk away . "Wait I need you. Please stay." He begs me . He was giving me puppy dog eyes . I couldn't refuse . "Fine." I get on his motorcycle. The whole ride he relied on me . A few times we almost died , but we finally reached 60 mph. "We're quite the team." I smile. "You're quite the teammate." He kisses me . This time it was more passionate because it wasn't a dare .

Barry's POV

I read the dare "hang from the crane." I got flashbacks of when I did this date last year . Tommy was struggling to keep himself up. He soon fell and died . I was close to falling myself , but the dare ended a few seconds later . "You're not doing this." Caitlin commands me . "They're crazy we have to tell someone." She says running to the nearest police officer . I try to stop her , but she asks for help . "You're not aloud to do that Cait. Hurry follow me ." I grab her arm running . "Snitch." I could hear people yelling . A man stopped in front of us and knocked Caitlin out and took her away . I tried to stop him , but he was too strong .

Caitlin's POV

I woke up with my head throbbing . A few minutes of wondering where I am a tv in front of me plays . "We now control you." Images of my family flashed . I was let out of the room and saw Barry . "Hurry of here ." He rushes me . "What's going on?" I ask. "There's something I didn't tell you . I've played this game before , but last time I snitched just like you did . Now I'm a prisoner to this game and so are you . They will ruin your life if you refuse to follow along with the dares . The only way to get fully out is to win . Lucky for you we're both in the finals , along with another guy . " He says . "I'm going to let you win , all we need to do is make sure that guy doesn't make it to the finals." He says . "Okay how?" I shakily ask. "I need to complete the crane dare." He says . "No." I beg him not to . "I have to." He climbed the building to get to the crane and hung for ten seconds . I held my breath the whole time . I let it out when he was done .

Cisco's POV

I'm so scared for Caitlin , but I'm going to make this all right . I got along with my friend Felicity and her hacker friends . We plan to overload the system and shut down Nerve . It's going to be hard , but it needs to be done . I see Caitlin in the arena ready for the final dare . I told her all about the plan , but I told her not to tell Barry . The plan went like this . We got Oliver , who was another guy who was stuck in the game to crash the finale dare . We were informed that the date would be to shoot the other . We know Caitlin and Barry would do it , so we got Oliver to do it . Only he wouldn't really shoot her , it would be blanks , but we need Caitlin to act as if it were an actual bullet . The plan was set and we were trying to take down Nerve this very moment . I hacked with all my ability, but couldn't find the host to Nerve to shut it down .

Caitlin's POV

The dare "shoot the other person" was sounded and I was ready to act . "I'm not doing that." Barry refused . "Me either." I also refuse . "I will." Oliver  runs in holding a "gun" and waving it in the air . "What do you watchers think? Vote yes if you want me to kill him. He points his gun to Barry . "You guys don't have to do this . You really want someone to die because of a stupid game? " I continue to try and convince them to say no. "The results are in they say yes." Oliver "shoots" Barry .

Barry's POV

I couldn't believe all of this . I was willing to die for Caitlin. It was either me or her , so I accepted my fate . When Oliver shot the bullet Caitlin ran in the way , causing her to get hit . "No!" I scream. I hold her in my arms and cry over her body . "No!" I weakly scream .

Cisco's POV
I couldn't shut down Nerve , but I had another plan . "Felicity send out a message to everyone who voted yes.Make it say 'You're an accessory to murder'. She nods and acts fast . The message was sent .

Barry's POV
Everyone in the arena left quickly. I was left crying over Caitlin's body .Oliver walked towards me pointing  the camera at us . I grabbed the gun ready to shoot , but an arm stopped me . I look down to see Caitlin alive . "It's okay I'm okay." She smiles hugging me . I was still processing everything."Just blanks  bro ." Oliver said waving the gun around . "It was her plan . Iris helped too." Oliver said with a smile . "We're free." I smile .

Cisco's POV
"It's over! The last person just signed out ." I jump with glee.

Caitlin's POV
"You scared me." Barry laughed . "I know , but it worked! We're free!" I smile . "I never actually asked you, but would you like to go on a date?" He asked with a smile . "I would love to!" I hug him . It was all over now and we're free from the horrible game they call Nerve .

Hey guys if you haven't watched Nerve I recommend watching it . I skipped some parts . I don't own any rights to this chapter . I had fun writing it! If you have any questions ask them and I'll answer. Please comment your thoughts on this and please vote . It took me a long time to write this . It's also close to Christmas , so have a wonderful Christmas and happy holidays to those of you who don't celebrate Christmas. If you see any mistakes sorry , It's a long chapter and I probably missed a few mistakes. I might do a Christmas chapter later .Thanks for reading!