Captain Nameless

"I don't care what you say , well I do , but." I sighed in frustration. "You're coming and that's the end of it." I demand ,annoyed with her stubbornness. "I don't know Barry." She shyly said . "I'll pick you up at seven, so be ready . "I tell her. "You're not going to let me say no are you." She lightly laughs . "I can be stubborn too." I smirk. "Well I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a night out , but don't you usually hangout with your family on New Years?" She asks . "Yes , but this year is a new tradition. I'm inviting Olivers team too. " I smile at my idea . "Alright whatever you say." She gets back to her work . I had nothing else to do , so I texted everyone else the details. I called to rent a bar . The meta alert hasn't gone off in a while and I'm all caught up on work at CCPD , so I decide to go talk to Cisco and Caitlin. "Tonight's going to be so fun." I pull their attention from their computers. "Yeah dude it's going to be sick!" Cisco says with excitement. I look to Caitlin to see what she thought about it . "It's whatever." She shrugged. "Oh you just wait Dr.Snow it's going to be the best party ever." I can just imagine this all planned out . Everyone will have the best time. "Meta human on third street and he has the ability to form rocks ." Caitlin said making eye contact. "I'll be back." Before I ran off I heard Cisco laugh at my Terminator reference.

I dodged the few rocks thrown my direction. I quickly slapped the meta human bracelets on him and watched him slowly become powerless ."Now so big and bad now?" I take him to the pipeline . "Alright guys two more hours until my party! You guys should probably go home and get ready ." I say entering the room. I see Caitlin working away and Cisco getting up to leave . "Would you want a ride to the party?" I ask Caitlin."Sure that would be great." She gets up to heads off to her house . "See you later." I wave off Caitlin and Cisco had already left by the time Caitlin got to her car. I run to the bar and set up decorations . I finished just in time , because people got here early . "Hey guys welcome to the party." I watch them scan the room."You really outdid yourself Barry." Oliver patted me on the back . "It looks nice Barry." Felicity smiled to me . The rest of his team piled in and along with my team , except Caitlin . I ran to her house and slowly knocked on the door . I waited outside for a good two minutes. "Come on Caitlin you're taking forever." I wined. "I'll be down in a second." She yelled from inside . I counted the second to myself ."Liar." I yell back. I don't get why people say that all the time .One minute later she opens the door leaving me awestruck. "Come on we don't want to be late." She snaps me out of my trance . "Caitlin you look beautiful." I shyly say. "Thanks." She shyly replies back . I ran her to the party and officially everyone was present. Music has already been playing and people already started dancing . Glad they waited for me . I peer about the crowd to see everyone enjoying the party . "Enjoying the party?" I ask."Yeah you did a good job." Iris smiles ."So I'm assuming you convinced her to come?" Joe asked referring to Caitlin . Him and I had a talk about me asking Caitlin out.I told him my feelings about her and he gave me the advice of telling her tonight."Yeah I kind of told her she was coming . She's really stubborn." I laugh. "Well that was the hardest part ,now go and talk to her." He gives me a motivational shove in her direction. She was taking to Felicity. "Hey!" I awkwardly butt in their conversation."Hey?" Felicity said , but she caught on after a moment ."I'm going to go catch up Ollie. I'll come back in a few minutes." She winked to me. "So I was wondering if .... uh .. " I try to get out before I get interrupted. "May I have this dance?" A man I've never seen before asks Caitlin . I was just about to tell her my feelings and this guy comes waltzing in. She looks to me and gives me a smile.I watch as the nameless man takes Caitlin away. I pour myself a drink.Oliver soon joins me . "Hey how's it going with Caitlin?"
Oliver gulps down his drink. "Horrible , she just got taken to the dance floor by some random guy."I sigh . "Ask the guy of you can takeover dancing with her ." He suggests. "Good idea." I start walking to her , but Iris stops me. "Want to dance?" She asks . I couldn't just say no . "Sure." I reply and walk to the dance floor with her. Caitlin and Captain Nameless were dancing close. That made me jealous and angry. Who is this guy?!?As we started dancing the song changed to a slow song . I danced with Iris , but not romantically. We are just friends, but Caitlin was really close to Captain Nameless. I found myself watching them the whole time . Caitlin looked my way and looked into my eyes .

Caitlin's POV
I was starting to get closer to this Nameless guy . He seemed nice , but I liked Barry. I look over to spot Barry dancing with Iris . They were closely dancing . That made me really jealous . "I'm getting tired of dancing. Want a drink?" He suggests. I agree and catch Barry watch us walk to the bar , so I grab the guys hand making Barry turn away. "Hey what's your name by the way?" I ask . "James." He held out his hand . "Caitlin." I smile politely. Iris and Barry sit a few seats down and drink together. I catch glances with Barry every so often . James tells me about his life and I share some stuff about me . He seems like quite a nice guy , but I am still caught up on Barry . Maybe Barry doesn't like me , you think he would tell me his feelings by now . I catch Barry looking to us and I laugh at a something James said . I could see the jealousy in his face . Why was he jealous?"I want you to meet my friend Barry." I take James's hand and make my way to Barry. His former smile fades looking to James . "Barry I wanted you to meet James. " I let them shake hands . "Hey Iris , so how's life going for you? I know we haven't talked about anything but work in a while." I walk to Iris leaving Barry and James to talk ."Good I actually just met a guy , but he couldn't make it tonight." Iris smiles . "I thought you were with Barry." I Flashback to them dancing earlier."Oh no we're only best friends." She laughs . James walks back to me with a sad smile . "How'd you and Barry get along?" I wonder out loud. "It's been nice meeting you , but I must go." He nervously looks at Barry's direction and leaves the building . "Do you know why James left ?"I ask Barry ."I told him to leave." He nonchalantly said . "Why? I was going to ask him out!" I lie . I wasn't really . "He wasn't the right guy for you." He shrugs ."I'm sorry I didn't know you picked my dates out for me ." I throw my hands up . I look to my watch and it was almost New Years , but instead of with a man , I'm arguing. Maybe I should just tell him how I feel? "I'm sure the right guy is right in front of you . Sometimes we miss out on great possibilities because we choose not to see them. " He walks to the crowd and joins the count down . I walk next to him and join too. The clock struck twelve and it was New Years . I saw happy couples kissing near by , even Cisco was kissing someone . I look to Barry , who was already looking at me . It was now or never.I inched closer , as did he . My face was in breathing distance . I saw him look into my eyes .

Barry's POV

If there was one thing I wanted right now , it as to kiss her . She inched closer to me and I looked into her eyes. I let my lips meet hers and she hesitated at first , but after a second she kissed back with passion . This is what I've been waiting for . My feelings were being expressed through this kiss . I pulled apart and put my forehead against hers . I could feel her breath against my face . "Will you go out with me?" I ask with a smile. "Took you long enough to ask , yes." She kissed me . We break apart to see people smiling at us. "Were they watching us?" Caitlin whispers to me. "I think so." I laugh. Oliver and Joe come and pat me on the back and Felicity congratulations us , as well as everyone else .
"So how'd you think the party went?" I ask holding her had walking to her door . "I'm pretty sure it was the best party ever." She smiled . She opened her door and I gave her a kiss goodnight . I finally got the girl! After all this time she liked me back . I run through the streets screaming with happiness. I stop realizing how late it was .
Caitlin's POV
Yeah that truly was the best party ever!

I hope you guys have a wonderful New Years . Here's to 2017 and may it be a good year . I have a lot of hope that 2017 will pull out for us as a SnowBarry fandom . Keep calm and keep shipping SnowBarry.
I'll be working on my other stories soon!