It Started With A Spark

Barry's POV

I needed to get a birthday present for Karma , so I entered the candle shop to find something she would like. As I enter the aroma of scents hit my nostrils. I hear a crash and someone curse under their breath . I follow the sound . I find a young lady hovering over glass and picking it up. I bend down and help her pick it up . As we finish she looks up at me . "Thank you very much . Can I help you ?" She said . "Yeah I need to find a present for my sister . She's turning fifteen tomorrow." I say . "What's her name ." She says. "Her names Karma , but I call her Caramel . " I say followed by her angelic laugh . "That's adorable."She said laughing .She walked over to a different section and motioned for me to follow , so I did. "So since you call her Caramel here are some caramel scented candles ." She said smiling . She walked away to the front counter . She was watching me because I was the only one in the shop. I smelled all the candles and found one I think she'll love. I wanted to get her two . "Ma'am do you have any more caramel scented candles . I wanted to get her two ." I say . She looks up from her book and nods. When she's in the back a young lady walked up to me. "You need any help ? I want to show you some candles we just got in." She says as I follow to not be rude . The young lady helping me from earlier comes back holding two candles. "Jean I was actually helping him first . You already have your sales for the week , so can you please stop trying to steal a sale away from me. "The young lady from earlier said . I glance to her name tag and it reads "Caitlin". "Actually you can't claim a customer." Jean says with a sassy attitude. "Well what do you think . I would like to know who you would like to help you . Me or Jean."Caitlin says raising her eyebrow at Jean in a sassy way. I could feel both of their eyes burning deep into my soul. I looked at both of them for a moment just to make them irritated. I could see Jean smiling at me . Caitlin was just staring at me waiting for an answer. I pointed to Caitlin and a smile grew on her face . She turned to an angry Jean and smirked . Jean huffed away and Caitlin gave me the candles . "Thanks for choosing me . I really need the sales. " Caitlin said watching me smell the candles. "So which one do you like ." Caitlin said as I took a moment to think . I wanted to get all three to get her sales up , and that would mean more presents for Karma . "I'll take all of them ." I said as I see a smile appear on her face . "Well I hope your sister enjoys them." Caitlin said walking away . I walk over to the register and check out . "Who helped you this evening." The older lady said . "Caitlin." I reply . I walk up to Caitlin . "So what's your favorite candle?" I ask. She stood thinking for a moment. "Midnight breeze or any candle with cinnamon.Caitlin said with happy eyes. "What about you?" She asked. "Any candle that has to do with Autumn. " I reply . She smiles and says "I'll keep that in mind ." And walks off into the back room . I don't know what it is about her , but she's a real mystery and I want to find out more about her .

It's about a week later and I miss Caitlin . I know it's weird that I just met her and already miss her , but I instantly felt connected with her. I decided to go and see if she was working . I walk into the shop and spot Jean . I walk up to her and ask "Is Caitlin working today ." "Yes she's in the back I'll go get her." She said . I'm glad she doesn't hold grudges. She seemed like a nice person actually. "Caitlin lover boy wants you." I hear Jean yelling . I'm so embarrassed. She walks out and I look at her with a smile . She looks so beautiful . "Hey so I wanted to know what different kind of candles you guys have." I ask. "Well we have a variety of different candles . We have the Woodwick , the ." She says as I zone out looking at her stunning face as she rants about the candles . She looks so adorable when she rants . I was snapped out of my entrancement by her saying "So do you want to know about the history behind woodwicks ." She said with happy wide eyes . I lightly laughed and said "yes." She went on explaining, but I was just looking at her eyes and getting lost in them . It was weird , like I could see her mouth moving , but only mumbles drowned out because I was focused on her breath taking face. After a while of her ranting she ended with a smile. "Isn't it fascinating?" She said smiling . "Yes,yes it is." I reply as she gets called in the back room . "See you later ." She says as I nod with a smile. I look by the cinnamon section .  I decide I want to asks her out in a few weeks . I had he perfect plan . Each week I would by three candles and have her smell each candle and tell me what she thinks of them . They all had wood wicks  because I know she loves them. "Can I barrow Caitlin for a few moments ." I ask the elderly lady behind the counter . She nods and lightly yells "Pretty boy wants you." I guess they all have a nickname for me. "So what do you think of these ?" I ask . She smells each one . "Ahh woodwick my favorite . They all have a cinnamon aroma. Kind of like the cinnamon I put on waffles in the morning ." She laughs . I smile and she heads back to the back room with a smile on her face . . So who helped you out today ?" The elderly lady asks. "Caitlin." I reply with a smile . She lightly laughs and types her name in as I blush for some reason .