Cait It's Cold Outside

"Hey do you guys want to have a movie marathon at my place ?" I ask Caitlin and Cisco . "Sorry , but I have a date tonight ." Cisco said . "What about you?" I ask Caitlin ." Oh well I don't have anything tonight ." She says shyly . "So would you want to come?" I ask cheerfully. "Will there be pizza?" She asks . "Yes there will be pizza . " I reply with a smile . "Well sign me up!" Caitlin said with an adorable smile.
I found myself impatiently waiting for the night to come . When it was finally here I was nervous more than anything. I knew her favorite pizza was cheese with pineapples , so I ordered it a couple minutes before she arrived.

Caitlin's POV

After taking an hour to get ready I left to Barry's house . When I arrived I knocked on the door lightly . After a short minute the door opened . "Hey!" Barry said with a wide smile . "Hey!" I replied back . He stepped aside to let me in. "Make yourself at home." Barry said while walking into the kitchen. "Sorry if the place is messy . It's only been a month since I moved in ." He said . "No it looks nice . It's really coming together." I say admiring his taste in style . "Here you go." He said handing me hot chocolate . "Thank you!" I say taking a sip , that immediately regretting that action . I burned my tongue  . After a few seconds the pain goes away."Careful by the way , the drinks are hot." He said . No kidding .. "So what are we watching tonight?" I ask with excitement. "I thought we could just talk a little before the movie . " He said nervously. He got up and turned on the Christmas music . "This is my favorite time of year." I say with a smile . He is looks at my eyes for what feels like forever. He looks from my eyes to my lips and slowly moves closer to me ."I actually remember I had something to do tonight . " I say standing up. "I'm sorry was it something I said?" He asks . "No I just forgot I had something to do . " I reply heading for the door . "Thank you for this lovely evening , but I must go." I say before he walks up to me . "I can't let you do that . It's freezing out there . I can't let you freeze ." He says . "I really must go." I say reaching for the knob . "Okay if you must , but at least stay a while longer . " He pleaded . "Fine , but only and hour or so. " I give in . "Okay I'll put in the movie . " He said . The doorbell sounded . "I'll get it ." He said lightly jogging to the door . A few minutes later he walked over and sat the pizza down . The movie started playing . "I got you your favorite." He said . "Oh you didn't have to ." I say . He hands me a plate and our hands touch . "Wow your hands are like ice!" He said handing me a blanket .

I look to my side to see Barry looking at me. "Anyone ever tell you that your eyes are like starlight ?" Barry says . "Thanks?" I say turning back to the movie ."Are you still cold ?" He asks . "Just a little ." I admit. "Well mind if I move closer? I don't want you to be cold ." He says with a smile . "Sure  I guess." I say as he moves almost inches away from me . His warmth irradiated next to me.He moved even closer . His eyes met mine . I couldn't do it , I can't fall for a guy when my fiancé just died not that long ago. "I have to go." I said getting up. "Look at that storm out there . I can't let you drive in that . " He said . "I really have to get home ." I say . "Caitlin I would feel horrible if you got hurt trying to get home . Please stay . " He pleaded . "Fine ." I give in. I sit back down and keep my distance. It was so sweet that he cared , but I'm not falling for him. At least I'll say I tried . "Caitlin I just wanted you to know my feelings for you . I really like you a lot . I know you don't want a relationship just after your fiancé just died , but I'll wait for you . " He says holding my hand . "Barry I can't fall for you , I just can't ." I say grabbing my coat . "I'll wait for you . " He says . "You don't have to leave . If you go outside I'll go with you. Cait it's cold outside  . Really cold and stormy . Just stay." He said . "Fine at least I'll say I tried . " I say throwing my hands in the air . "That took a lot of convincing." He said . "You said you'll wait?"I ask . "Yes I'll wait for you." He says with a warm smile . "I'm going to hold you to that." I say pointing to him . "Okay well I'll be here waiting." He said .

Hope you guys like this one! It wasn't entirely like the song , but close enough. More Christmas chapters coming up! Requested by and dt Zinae0116