If Only

A little background information about the start of this chapter. Caitlin and Barry aren't together . They both like each other , but don't know the other person likes them .

Barry's POV

"I don't know what her powers were . She was a skilled fighter , but that's it. Maybe that's her power because she he was really good . I almost didn't make it out alive ." I said sitting up . I start to get up , but Caitlin pushes me back . Her hand touched my chest and my heart fluttered ."Oh no mister you may have super healing , but you need to take it easy right now . That meta almost killed you Barry. " Caitlin said. "But." "No buts ." She cut me off . I gave her a sad face and turned my back to her and tried to get some sleep .

I wake up and check my watch and it was 7 . I slept for three hours . I look up to see Caitlin sleeping in the chair . Oh she's so adorable when she sleeps . Wait did she stay here with me ? I get up and put a blanket around her . I didn't want to wake her , so I just put her on the bed . I slept on the chair , so she could more comfortable . I stayed , so she wasn't alone . The next morning she'll probably get mad at me for not taking her home , but she looked so peaceful . I slowly drifted into a deep slumber .

Caitlin's POV

I wake up and ... I'm at Star labs . I must've fallen asleep. I look over to Barry and he looks so cute when sleeping . He put me on the bed , so I could be comfortable in guessing  , but why didn't he just take me home ?

"I was watching over Barry to make sure he was doing well last night and his vitals are fine . You know because I'm his doctor . Anyways I accidentally fell asleep , so I'm going to go home and take a shower and come back .Cover  for me if Dr.Wells asks where I'm at." I tell Cisco . "Ohh yeah sure you're his doctor . " Cisco said before I interrupted him . "Cisco that's not funny . Now just cover for me ." I say waiting for an answer."Okay I will ." He says as I end the call . I arrive at home , take a shower , and get changed into a new pair of clothes . I walk to my car and I fell a cold gushing wind force crash into me . If I was normal that would really bother me , but the cold doesn't bother me anyways.

Barry's POV

Caitlin walks into Star Labs with her hair wet , but almost dry . She looks absolutely gorgeous. I have to turn away to make her think I wasn't staring . "So doc am I okay to go out on the field today , or do I need more rest ." I said mockingly. She shoots me a look and I instantly know I'm in trouble . "First of all don't call me doc  and second of all  don't mock me when I'm just looking out for you . I have your best interest at heart and apparently you don't see that because you disobey me all the time ."I said angrily. I briskly walked to my lab . I feel really bad for going off on him , but he had it coming. I probably should apologize. Before I could get up out of my chair I see Barry walk in . "Listen I'm sorry I went off on you like that , but" I say as I was cut off . "You're right , you deserve my obedience and so much more . I'm so thankful for you and everything you do for me . Without you I would be nothing , this team would be nothing ." He said avoiding eye contact .I was thinking about what he said . I feel warmth rush to my cheeks for some odd reason . I cover my face and acted like I was thinking . "So do you accept my apology." He said smiling with puppy dog eyes . My heart melts and I give in. "Yeah , but remember an apology means nothing if you don't follow through with what you're saying." I say as he runs up and hugs me . I was engulfed by his scent . He actually smells really good . I wait for a second and I hug him back . "I promise to be better ." He said as he lets go with a huge smile in his face . "Barry hurry get in here ." Cisco yelled . Barry picked me up and ran to the main room . I saw a girl who was not happy . "Oh I see you recovered. Good because now I can hurt you again. " The meta says ."What do you want ." Barry asks . "Oh well it's simple really I want to ruin your life . And why you ask? Simply because I'm a villain and you're a hero . Nothing personal at all. "She says getting her fists ready ."Oh thinking of running aren't you." She says as she pulls out a gun . "I don't want to hurt you , well actually I do , but not physically. I read minds , so this will be fun . " She say as I freak out . Can she hear me now? "Oh yes I can hear you . " She says looking at me . I try not thinking about anything. "Oh what's that . I'm flattered you think I'm hot." She said looking at Cisco . "Pfft do not ." He shot back . She was scanning her eyes to Barry and I. I try not to think about anything , but he pops into my head . I try to block it out , but I can tell she already knew . "Oh we got a little love bird right here now don't we ." She says walking up to me . "Leave her alone ." Barry says standing in front of me. She squinted her eyes at Barry . "You have a girlfriend correct . Iris is it?" She says . "What about her. You better not hurt her or I swear ." Barry said as he was cut off . "Well this will be interesting. I know just the way to end this . " She says with a smirk . I try to fight it thinking about nothing , but I caught a glimpse of Barry and boom her face showed she knew . "Do you love your girlfriend. Don't worry I'm not going to hurt her , I just want some answers and I'll be out of your hair. " she said . "Of course I love her with all of my heart and no one can take that away from me . "Barry says and that crushes me . "And you do you still love Ronnie . " she said . I cringed at his name . Painful memories came flooding in . "It's not your business is I do or do not . " I spat back . She laughs . "Looks like I already got the answer. You moved on ." She says and I look down at the ground . "Tell me do you care about her ." She says pointing at me. "Yeah." Barry replies . The meta passes out and Barry takes her to  her cell .If only he knew how I really felt . If only .....I kind of wished she would've told him , so I can see how he really feels about me. If only ....

Barry's POV

If Caitlin only knew how I really feel , but she moved on from Ronnie and has feelings for someone else apparently. I am with Iris , but I was thinking of breaking up with her today because of my feelings for Caitlin . If only I was the one she moved on with. If only I was him .....