Auburn Hair

I am at the bar on a steak out ordered by CCPD . I'm supposed to be looking for a women with auburn hair. I've been told she would stand out . I grab a seat at the bar and order a drink to blend in . A girl walks up to me and sits next to me. She orders a drink and sips from it . She catches me looking at her and I quickly look away . "Can I help you with something ?" The young lady asked politely. I look back to her and try to play it off . "Sorry are you talking to me?" I ask. "Oh never mind." She says as she turns talking to another girl . I need to get her hair color . "Ma'am excuse me , but I couldn't help but notice your lovely hair . What color is it?" I ask because I couldn't see because of the lighting . "Well it's red or auburn ." She said moving closer to me . She was inches away from my face . She smiled and backed away . "I love your eyes . " She said staring at me for several more seconds before she turned back around . "You want to dance?" I say to her friend . "Yeah sure ." Her friend said . I look back at her with a smirk at her , trying to make her jealous . After a few minutes of dancing we came back . I sat down and got a text . It read "Okay Allen did you find her? "A police officer texted me. "Yes , but what do I do now ." I text back . "Take her away from her friend and get her to open up . Get the conversation on a recording . Make sure you get some information about Ronnie Raymond . " He texts . "Okay." I text back . "Be careful and don't blow your cover . Also she could be our only witness , so she might be in danger . Keep her safe . " He texts . "Okay." I text back . I need to get her away from her friend . I haven't flirted in a while , so his will be hard . "I was wondering what your name is ." I say looking at her ."It's Caitlin." She said shaking my hand . "Barry ." I reply . "I know you'll probably say no , but will you go out with me for a walk . " I say giving her puppy dog eyes . I could tell she was thinking . She was biting her lip. I picked up that she does that when she's nervous. "Never mind ." I say as I get up to leave . I walk out to leave to see if she'll follow me . "Bye Felicity and sorry for leaving you . See you tomorrow." I heard Caitlin saying in the distance. I could hear heels clicking behind me . "Wait up." She says out of breath. I smile at her and press record on my phone while she wasn't looking . "So tell me about yourself ." I say. We talk for an hour as I hear a gun shot a few yards away . I pull her into a near by alleyway.I see a man walking up to us with a gun . I put Caitlin behind me . " Move pretty boy and leave . This could get messy , now leave ." The man barked . "No , no way on earth I'm letting you hurt her." I say . "Suit yourself " He said cocking the gun . "Barry it's okay I can't let you die for me. I had a good life and you look like a great guy , who will live a long happy life . Now go" Caitlin said tearing up. I grab in my pocket and quickly pull out my gun . Drop your weapon you're under arrest for attempt on murder ." I said revealing my badge. He ran and I followed. I caught him and pinned him against the wall and called for the police to take him in . They arrive and I see Caitlin walking away . I ran after her . "Wait" I say out of breath as I walk in front of her . She brushed past me and continued to walk . "Listen thank you for saving my life , but leave me alone . " Caitlin said walking into the cab she called ."You made me think you like me . I don't like lies , Barry . If that's your real name . " Caitlin said closing the door , but I stopped it from closing . "I was telling the truth Caitlin . I actually like you and I hope we can get to know each other better.I got some details that will help with an investigation. You'll help put away Ronnie Raymond." I say as she cringed at the sound of his name . "Well I'm glad I could help . Now have a good night ." She says closing the door , but I stopped her again ."That talk was real . I actually wanted to know you . " I say moving closer to her . She doesn't back away , she just looks into my eyes. "If that's true you wouldn't mind getting coffee with me tomorrow." Caitlin said with a smirk."Caitlin are you asking me out." I say shocked . "Yes , I can easily take that back though ." Caitlin said . "No." I said sadly . "No I would love to go out with you ." I say playing it off . "Well ." She looks at my badge . "Well , Mr.Allen I'll see you at Jitters at 5.If that works with your schedule." Caitlin said . "Yeah it does ." I say with a smile. "See you later ." Caitlin winked as the cab door closes and the cab leaves .

I don't know if you would call Caitlin's hair auburn , but her hair is auburn oh this story . Hope you like it . ❤️