A Need To Know More

Ross's P.O.V.

"Sweetheart, you see...... I just.. We........" I stop. I'm stumbling over my words, something I haven't caught myself doing since the charming 10-year-old Brian asked me where babies came from. To avoid making an idiot of myself I think over how to explain my situation to a five year old. I was knew at parenting, I didn't know if I could just up and go with my wife being frantic and a twin baby boy scared out of his wits. At the time it seemed cruel.
"Sweetums-" "What an adorable nickname, Ross," Hyde sneers almost tauntingly, I shoot a glare in his direction before looking to my daughter again, "You have to understand. Mommy and I were new to parenting, neither of us knew what we could and couldn't do," I now turn to glare daggers at Edward.
"As for you, stop putting words in my mouth," "Why should I, Ross?" I growl, it wasn't like I had anything to use against him, or anything good rather, nothing like what he could use against me. "Come on kids, say goodbye to grandma, and as for you Hyde, you best not hurt her if you'd like to avoid a bullet in your head," I storm out the door my family following behind, I glance to the house I know I didn't scare Edward, it seems nothing did but I feel confident nothing bad would happen.

Alexis's P.O.V.

As soon as we get home daddy grabs my hand bringing me to his office. I whimper, daddy only brings us in here when we're in trouble, "Sit," he demands pointing to his patient's chair. I do as daddy says fidgeting nervously, daddy starts pacing back and forth, "Do you see why you weren't supposed to meet him?" I nod though I didn't really, Mr. Hyde didn't seem that bad, he didn't physically hurt anyone. He just annoyed them, especially daddy.
"This type of behavior will not go unpunished, you know where the naughty chair is go sit until I say otherwise," I frown I can't help I was curious, "But daddy," "1......." I quickly get up and go to the kitchen and sit in a cupcake chair facing the wall. Daddy comes out of his office and sets the kitchen timer. "When this goes off you're allowed to get up."
I twiddle my thumbs while I wait, I hear mommy and daddy talking, "Ross, are we going to still let Adam and Alexis stay with your parents," "Yes, why?" "I..... I just don't want them to get hurt," "They'll be fine, mom wouldn't let anything happen to them, I know it," a smile comes to me, I can just get to know Mr. Hyde even more when I stay over. Brilliant!