Future Alpha

The eggs have become more active as the young are almost ready to hatch. The red one was by far more active than the other eggs. The reason Celestial had made the fire for two hotter was they were to be male. The cooler ones were female. Jake was impressed that Celestial could control what sex the young would be, simply by controlling the heat. The mates in the pack were at the mercy of fate and the moon goddess when it came to the sex of the young.

As Jake watches Celestial tend to the eggs the red one starts moving around more active than the others. Jake could see the young male moving around in the egg because of the fire.

Celestial smiles and picks up the egg and puts it in Jake's claws.
"Your son is hatching and I think he may be the future Alpha."

Jake smiles and looks at the egg.
"So you want to be Alpha son? That title is earned never given.
As my father your grandfather told me. 'Son you must prove that you are worthy of the title Alpha.' Earn it my son and you will be Alpha."

Celestial nods in agreement, the other three eggs were about ready to hatch also.

Jake watches as the egg in his claws moves around and scratching can be heard from the egg as pieces start to fall off.

Jake looks at Celestial and says.
"Should I help him?"

Celestial shakes her head.
"No this is our children's greatest challenge, they must do it on their own otherwise they will be weak." Celestial was concerned about Jake that he might help because he seemed bothered by it.

Jake smiles and nods.
"I get it. It is like a pup, they must learn to move around and walk if they are to survive."

Celestial nods and sighs she was happy that he understood.

A few moments later a small opening appears and a small squeak could be heard. Jake smiles and says.
"Well come on son, you can't be Alpha in that egg."

The young hybrid continues to chip away at the egg, until he falls out and lands in his father's claws.

Jake chuckles and says.
"That was quite a workout getting out of that egg."

The young hybrid squeak barks at Jake. Then turns to the egg and hisses at it.

Celestial chuckles and smiles.
"It seems that he agrees with you."

The other eggs start making cracking noises and Celestial looks at Jake and smiles.
"Looks like we are about to get really busy."

Jake smiles and kisses Celestial.
"Yes it does, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I know the females here in the pack would be more than happy to help. As soon as our children are ready we will be traveling to my grandparents farm. We are going to have a secret meeting with the other packs to decide whether to disband or keep the council."

Celestial nods and smiles, she had been thinking about running or flying through the golden wheat fields. The thought of playing in the wheat fields with Jake and the children causes Celestial to smile and growl with excitement.

Jake had some of the females from the pack look at the sizes of the clothes Celestial had chosen. He gave them $15,000 and told them to get a full wardrobe for Celestial. Jake could afford to spend that much because he was the owner of all seven of his grandparents farms, together they had a profit of $150,000 a month. Plus Jake also had investments in several different multinational companies. Those alone gave him a net worth of 15.5 million dollars but no one knew that except Jake.