14: I Hate Him

"Wakey, wakey, Blondie." A raspy voice shook me awake. I opened my eyes to be greeted by dark ones right infront of me. I scrambled away from him, the guy laughing at my attempt, and tried to get up, but my ankles and wrists were tied together. I looked around to see Ashley to my left and Steve to my right. Ashley was kneeling with her head down, her shoulders shook like she was crying. Steve was sitting on his butt, giving the guy he was fighting with an evil glare. The three guys stood infront of us; all of them around high school age. Our stuff was in a pile behind them. All of our weapons, gear, supplies; they could just take it.

  However, they didn't pat me down good enough. My pocket knife was still in my back pocket. Getting to my knees, I reached down to grab it and I slowly started to work at the rope around my wrists. I glared at the guy infront on me, "Who the fuck are you?"

  He laughed once more. "Wow. You're so welcoming, sweetcheeks. I'm Blake. This is Andrew and Chase."

  How generic. "Oh wow. I'm so terrified."

  A wolfish grin slipped onto his face. He lifted a hand to trace a finger at my jawline and then lift my chin up. "I expect you to be. I mean, you're in a rough position, sweetheart. I could do anything I want with you. Or maybe i could do something with your little friend here." He looked over at Ashley and grinned at her. "She seems a lot more fun."

  "Don't you fucking touch her." I said through gritted teeth. My wrists were free, so I went to the one at my ankles.

  "So fiesty!" He said and slowly stood up. He walked over to where Ashley was and knelt infront of her. He moved the hair out of her face and tilted her chin up. "Hey, beautiful, don't cry. It's going to be alright."

  "I said:" My voice trembled with anger, "Don't fucking touch her."

  Blake looked at me with an evil grin. "What are you going to do about it, Blondie?"

  That would've been a good time to break free and punch the shit out of that ass, but my hand slipped and the pocket knife sliced at my ankle. I clenched my jaw and kept going to get my ankles free. Blake laughed and stood, "Absolutely fucking nothing is what you'll do! Gosh! Where's the fight?"

  "You want fight?" I challenged, my eyebrow raising. The knife sliced through the last piece of rope. I slowly moved the rope away from me and gripped the handle of the knife. Slowly, I stood with my knife being brought infront of me. I tilted my head and smirked. "Then let's fight, Blake."

  The other two guys started forward, but Blake put a hand up. "I got this, boys." He unsheathed a long knife that looked like it would be used to gut fish. No doubt he wanted to gut me with it.

  Suddenly, Steve jumped up, untied, and tackled the guy he was fighting with earlier, Chase. They went down and Andrew joined. It was two against one, but Steve was doing alright. I went back to Blake just as he lunged. He swiped at my stomach, but i jumped back and lifted my foot to kick his stomach. Blake reeled back before coming again. I blocked his arm as he swung then brought my knife up. It sliced his other arm as he tried to block. I brought my leg around his and pushed him. He went down and I landed ontop of him. I pinned down one arm and then grabbed the one with the knife. He got his other hand free and his fist landed on my right cheek. I kept a tight grip on his wrist to keep myself steady, but he used the momentum of his fist to flip us so that he hovered over me. My knife slipped out of my fingers and slid across the floor. Blake put his other hand on the back of the knife and pushed. I lifted my other hand to push back.

  My eyes locked with his and I saw only giddiness on his end. He looked happy and excited to do this. This kid was actually trying to kill me. He wanted to. He grinned as the knife got closer and closer to my chest. Ashley was to my right, screaming my name. She sounded miles away, but I turned my head to look at her. Tears were streaming downher cheeks and she was laying on her side, trying to get her binds off.

  Pain exploded in my shoulder as the knife tip pierced my skin. I let out a scream and pushed against his arms with all of my a strength. The tip was pulled out and I saw an inch of my own blood glisten on it.

  "I knew there was more fight!" Blake laughed happily. "C'mon, Blondie! Fight for your life!"

  There was a flash of blue and Blake was knocked off of me, his knife flying away. Ashley was ontop of him, wailing down punches. I stumbled up and pulled her off of him. He just laid there, unmoving. Ashley was struggling in my arms, trying to get out to punch him some more, no doubt.

  Chase, Andrew, and Steve appeared next to us. All three of them were bloodied and bruised. Chase just stared at Blake, "I never thought that he would try to actually kill you. Maybe hurt you a little bit, but..."

  I still held Ashley as she calmed down a bit. I glared at Chase, "Oh really? Shouldn't you know more about the guy you're hanging with?"

  Chase just looked at me before walking over to him. "He's my older brother."

  Looking at Chase, I could see it. They did look alike with tan skin and dark hair. Chase had dark eyes as well, but there was light inside. He knelt by his brother and felt his neck for a pulse. I seriously doubted that Ashley's punches would've killed him, but I understand his concern. He nodded and stood. "He's just out cold. Drew, grab some rope so I can tie him up."

  Ashley was finally still in my arms. I loosened my grip a bit and she quickly turned around to look at me. Her hands traced my face, tentatively touching my busted lip from Blake's punch. She then looked to where Blake's knife went inside me. Her eyebrows knit together. "Its pretty deep, but we need to put something on it." Ashley grabbed a t-shirt from a duffle bag and balled it up before putting it on my shoulder, bringing my hand up to keep pressure. "I'll be right back with supplies." With that, she turned and started walking to the first aid department.

Author's Note: Well, it's alright I guess. Pretty sure these guys won't last long, to be honest....or WILL they? *Evil author laughter* Next chapter will be a little bit of a change of perspective...;) Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote if you like it!