Boyfriend Problems

I changed the book name! Just realized that it was still a one shot book! Since it's not that name wouldn't do.

Jo POV
I pick Rowan up from school. So I figure why not interrogate her in the car.
"Any plans tonight?" I ask her.
"Oh I'm going to Sydney's house. That's all," she says.
"That's cool," I say.
"Are you okay?" She asks me.
"Oh I'm fine," I say.
"Are you sure?" She asks me.
"Well I mean I found my 15 year old daughters secret Instagram account," I say as her face turns from concern to guilt.
"What did you see?" She asks.
"Nothing too inappropriate just your secret boyfriend," I say.
"Oh um," she says while she doesn't even want to look me in the eye.
"Why did you lie?" I ask.
"Well I mean you guys hate Chale and you would hate Claire," she says.
"Honey you're smart enough to not date those guys," I say.
"I know I just don't want dad to embarrass me," she says.
"Honey no matter what you do he's going to embarrass you," I say.
"Could he come over tonight?" She asks me.
"As long as it's okay that your aunts and uncles are coming over," I say.
"Yeah," she says.
"You need to tell your father," I say.
"I will I promise," she says.
Then after a couple hours everyone is over at the house. Except Rowan's boyfriend. Then the doorbell rings.
"I'll get it!" Rowan yells sliding in her socks from the kitchen.
"Ok," Alex says.
"Hi," Rowan says as her boyfriend says hi back. Alex's face turns to a color I am not sure how to describe.
"Dad mom this is my boyfriend Kurt," she says as he pushes him up the stairs.
"Go I'll take care of him," I say talking about Alex to Rowan. She gives me a thankful look. She then runs up the stairs.
"You're just going to let her walk?" He asks me.
"Alex it's a boyfriend," I say.
"Exactly! I liked her better when she was 5 in her sea horse swimsuit," he says.
"I know but she is growing up," I say.
"Well she better bring that boyfriend downstairs when we eat dinner," he says.
"She will," I say.
"I can't believe you're not more upset about this," he says.
"Well since I found out today," I say as he starts to get even more upset April tells us dinner is ready. Rowan and Kurt come downstairs. Kurt is a little bit taller and looks like an athlete.
"Hi I'm Mrs. Karev and this is my husband Mr. Karev," I say smiling.
"Hi I'm Kurt its very nice to meet you," he says shaking my hand. He seems so nice!
"I hope you like food because April here is a great cook," I say.
"I do," he says.
We all sit down and Meredith is looking at Alex so he doesn't pounce Kurt.
"So Kurt do you play any sports?" I ask him.
"I wrestle," he says.
"Really. I used to wrestle," Alex says.
"Oh that's cool," Kurt says.
I think Alex likes Kurt more than Rowan does.
Then the home phone starts ringing. Call from Emma Karev. Call from Emma Karev. I answer the phone.
"Hello?' I ask.
"Mom. Oh thank god! I have bee having the worst day ever,"
"Why?" I ask her.
"Because Chale might be cheating on me!" She screams.
"He what?!" I scream into the phone while everyone turns and looks at me.
"He has been ignoring my calls and won't tell me anything!" She screams.
"Ok," I say as she cuts me off.
"Do not tell me I deserve better because Chale is the best thing that has ever happened to me!" She screams.
"Calm down," I say into the phone as she sighs and hangs up.
"What was that all about?" Alex asks me.
"Later. We will talk about it later. Let us please just enjoy a dinner," I say with pleading eyes.
"So how long have you too been dating?" Alex asks.
"A month," Rowan says.
"Cool," Alex says.
The rest of the dinner went great. Everyone was smiling, and we all had a good time. Then a door bell rings, and I answer it.
"Hello I am Kurt's mom I am here to get him," the woman smiles.
"Yes he is upstairs getting his stuff," I say.
"Oh I'm Patty, Patty Allen," the woman says.
"Hi Patty. I'm Jo, Jo Karev. My husband is in the other room," I say as Kurt comes down.
"We will see you soon," Patty says as her and Kurt head to their car. Rowan follows them, and kisses Kurt. Alex's face gets all red. She runs into the house and heads up the stairs, while Alex's face is burning. She runs upstairs telling us she is going to bed. Alex is about to yell, but I stop him.
"Ok sleep tight," I say.
"What?" Alex asks annoyed.
"Come on like we didn't kiss when we were dating," I say.
"She is lucky I sort of like him," he says.
"Oh please I know you love Kurt," I say.
"Do not!" he yells.
"Yeah you do," Meredith says.
"You know what they say a daughter always looks for someone like their dad," I say as he gives me alook.
"Well that is not the case for Emma," he says.
"Oh yes about what she said on the phone," I say.
"She thinks Chale is cheating on her," I say.
"He probably is," Alex says.
"He's a jerk," I say.
"Thank god we don't have to see him anymore," Alex says.
"I know right," I say.
"We're heading out," everyone says.
After they all leave we drink some wine and go to bed. God I hope Emma and Chale don't makeup before Toby's party.