How to Save a Life

Alex POV
        We open the door and see Rowan bleeding on the floor. The gunman is nowhere to be seen and Jo and I are a mess. We get the staff in the hospital and Jo and I aren't allowed in the trauma room. I have to hold Jo back so she doesn't run in their. Rowan is on their talking to them and then Jo bites me! She bite me and ran.
"Jo!" I yell as she turns around.
"Alex I won't lose her!" She yells back . I follow her because I need to make sure she's ok. When we get in the trauma room Rowan is leaving to get a scan. They have cleared a whole area for her because they know they'll be dead if they don't. She is holding pressure on her stomach and Jo is holding her open hand. Jo is trying to cover up that she wants to discharge every other patient and only worry about her daughter. When we get to the scan room we talk to her and we discover that she is bleeding into her abdomen. This is a serious problem. Jo and I sit and wait until Meredith comes out and tells us she's recovering. When we see her she is partially awake and they are checking her vitals. She is slowly lifting up her arm as she looks around and remember where she is. She smiles at me and Jo. Jo runs to her. Rowan and Jo slept while I stayed up doing an emergency surgery on a baby.

Jo POV
Rowan and I are both laying as Alex performs surgery and we are supposed to sleeping.
"Can't sleep?" I ask her.
"No," she says.
"Me neither. Has Kurt come over?" I ask.
"No I told him not to. He was worried sick but I made him not come," she says.
"Ok. We like him you know," I say as she looks at me.
Even your dad, he likes Kurt." I say as she smiles.
"Mom?" She asks.
"Yeah Ro?" I ask.
The room was silent then I knew what she was asking. I crawled up to her hospital bed and wrapped her in my arms the same way I did when she little, sick, or just having a bad day. She smiled at me and for the rest of the night we slept. All was well, my little girl was safe, Emma was safe, Tony was safe, Alex was safe, and I was safe. I slept a full night sleep.  Now next weekend Alex and I are off and all of my children will be under the same roof. Oh boy I just can't wait for the bickering. All my babies the same roof. I can't wait.