Birthday

Jo POV
I wake up and Toby is here. When I say hi, and hugged him they were putting up decorations. Why am I doing this for a 19 year old? Oh that's right I love and care about him. Then Rowan greets me as I say hi to Alex and kiss him. Toby was smiling a lot. My beautiful baby boy who I love so much, I only see him as my son who gave me a very easy labor. God he had the cutest smile as a baby. The worst terrible twos though, always screaming and crying. Man I wanted to leave at the store sometimes. Then the doorbell rings and everyone starts showing up. Then Emma comes up and hugs me.
"Mom," she says is a serious tone.
"What is everything ok?" I ask her.
"Chase wasn't cheating on me we are ok!" She says.
"Good because I think you would of known given the fact you live together," I say sounding happy.
"He's not here though because he has to go visit his mother. She was in a car accident last night," Emma says.
"Oh that's terrible, but enough sad talk it's your brothers birthday," I say as she smiles.
"Oh yes Toby!" She says hugging him as he rolls his eyes.
"Just like when they were little," Alex says.
"Very true," I say as I kiss him.
"Aw you guys are literal marriage goals," Emma says as Alex and I roll our eyes.
"You are annoying goals," Toby says as Emma rolls her eyes.
"Jo I need to talk to you," Mer says.
"Ok," I say walking to where she is.
"Look I know it's his birthday but I think Toby got a girl pregnant," Mer says barely even able to look me in the eye.
"What?" I ask her.
"His girlfriend Claire showed up with signs of pregnancy, I gave it to a resident," Mer says.
"Ok I will not mention it to anyone. It's Toby's birthday I can't ruin that," I say as Mer nods in agreement. I walk back to Alex and everyone as all of Toby's friends shows up. Including that girlfriend Claire. She walks up to me and introduces herself.
"Hi Mrs. Karev I'm Claire," she says.
"Hi," I say.
We have a brief conversation, and she goes to Toby afterwards. I almost cringe when I see her kiss my son. Alex sees it, and puts his arm around me for comfort. Thank god what would I do without him? I don't know. After an hour Steph shows up with a huge smile on her face. She tells me that she had the best day yesterday and it's continuing today. I smile at her and think how happy she is. That's good that Steph and I are both happy at the same time. It's so weird that there is no drama going on during this day, besides the whole Claire thing. Claire is standing there as she is smiling. Then after the party the family stays for dinner. When dinner starts I go to the office to get the kids. When I walk Toby and Claire are making out with Toby's shirt off and Claire's bra and pants on. I scream, and shut the door. I run into the kitchen.
"What?!" Mer asks.
"Your son was," I say as they get it.
"Oh," Alex says.
Claire runs into the room, and she looks at us.
"Are you pregnant?" Mer asks before Toby comes in here.
"Oh no. Thank god am I right," she says.
I walk up to her.
"I don't like you but I'm going to smile when my son walks in because I love him. But always remember I don't like you at all," I say.
"You know I could just tell him," she says.
"He won't believe you because my son and I have a good relationship and I care about him," I say.
He walks in and decides that desert isn't a must tonight. Claire leaves as does Chloe who is catching the red eye. Toby just goes upstairs and doesn't do anything but go to sleep. Rowan can't stop laughing at what happened. I keep on telling her to knock it. Then after everyone leaves I sit with Alex on the couch while watching tv and drinking wine. We talk about what happened with Toby and decide to talk to him tomorrow when he wakes up. So that should be fun.