•~18~•

Tapping on the window by a large branch causes me to stir awake. It's still pitch dark and about one in the morning, with Damon still asleep and his arms around me. It's like they're anchoring me down so I can't move when I really need to go pee. I try to pry them off of me but it's no use, they're stuck on there. Damon starts to stir but quickly falls back asleep, allowing me to view at his facial structure. When he sleeps he parts his mouth open just a little which makes him so adorable. Is it not weird watching him sleep right? Well now that I put it that way it kinda is.

"Damon," I whisper while running the back of my hand down his cheek.

"Hmm?" He takes an arm out from underneath my head and grips my hand then plants a kiss on it.

"I need to go pee. Can you let go of me? Please?" He mumbles something about not being able to sleep in peace because of my small bladder then takes his arm off of me.

"Thanks." I kiss his forehead and swing my legs over the side of the bed and slip into my black slippers to make my way to the bathroom. When I walk in its spotless with no water or anything in there from which I left behind last night. I'm guessing either Damon did it or there some ghost that likes to clean. Either one I'm fine with.

I go to the mirror and run a hand through my tangled hair and grab a hair tie to put it up in a messy bun. Once I'm done I brush my teeth with this really weird tasting toothpaste that taste like a jolly rancher. I didn't enjoy it at all. I open the door and hop back into bed with Damon, questions on the tips of my tongue. He slides his arm back over me and nuzzles his head into my neck.

"Damon?" I get a hum in response probably still meaning he's half asleep.

"What...are we? Like what are we doing?" He lifts his head and props it up on an elbow. He takes a moment thinking about his response before he says it put loud.

"Autumn, we can be anything you want us to be. It may seem we're rushing into this too fast but it's almost like we're connected. I loved you before you lost your memories. We dated for hell's sake." It does seem we're rushing into this too fast, but it also feels like we are connected. But that one word. That little word that haunts my mind. Loved. Past tense..... I don't blame him, though. I did lose all memories of him and anything of that sort.

"Hey look at me. Don't be sad, I'm still healing from that accident and still surprised that I found you. You have no idea how...empty I was. I legit thought I was going crazy when I saw your name on that email. I kept on thinking maybe it was another person with your name so I didn't give my hopes up. But after six years I finally found you." He puts the pad of this thumb on my bottom lip and stares into my eyes. God his eyes, they bring back memories. I can recall faint details of them but other than that it's all foggy. The one memory I know that's true and there is no lie to it. That memory is that I was in love with Damon.

Was. I don't think I am now. If the only thing I remember from the past is two faint memories; how do I know that the rest are good? How do I know if Damon and I got into a fight? How do I know when I stopped loving him? Was it because he cheated? Or because he lost interest in me like John did? I...canot sort out my feelings and right now is not a good time with my parents being back and all. My parents. Oh God, I'm going to have to see them, aren't I?

"What are you thinking about?" Damon lays his hand on my cheek and strokes it with his thumb. I would have brushed him away but right now I need the warmth, the feeling that someone is here.

"Am I going to have to see them?" I whisper out not able to make eye contact. He steers my head to look at his then places his other hand on my cheek.

"Yes, you need to. You have no idea how much they miss you. Please, Autumn. If not for them then for yourself. You need this hole in your heart to be patched up." If not for them then for yourself. Yes, for myself. I need this, this feeling in my heart needs to go away. I'm tired of being that one girl who doesn't know shit from her past. It's about time I grow some balls and take action.