•~19~•

IMPORTANT AUTHOR NOTE AT END
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

~·»D A M O N«·~

It was like everything was in slow motion. The car spiraling out of control and in the path to hit Autumn. My body was moving in slow motion, even her parents. The car wouldn't stop. I couldn't do anything but look at the acceptance in Autumn's eyes. She was accepting her faith. The faith of her dying. Every emotion from six years ago came running back to me when the car made contact with her and sent her flying.

The SUV came to a stop once it hit her. I ran to her like I did six years ago. Her head was bleeding a lot and so was her chest.

"Call an ambulance you bloody idiot! Now!" I screamed through tears that were falling down my cheeks. Her dad dials on his phone then start speaking rapidly. I put Autumn's limp head on my lap and cried into it. She couldn't leave me, she was a fighter. She can't leave me. I would be torn. Please, Autumn, don't like leave me. The SUV then turns on and jets off, a hit and run. I didn't have the chance to look at the driver so I have no idea who it was. Nor do I care right now, my focus is on Autumn.

"Autumn, wake up. Please." Someone puts their hands on my shoulders and pull me back. I didn't even notice the sirens and the paramedics that arrived.

"Sir, you need to move back so we can get her into the ambulance. We don't have much time." He tries to pull me back again but I won't leave her. Never will I leave her.

"No! Don't tell me what to do." I swat his hand away. No one tells me what to do, especially when one of my loved ones are in trouble. Tears continue to fall down my cheeks and soon enough they pry me off of her. I stumbled up and watch the paramedics rush to her side. They pull a stretcher to her side and put a board underneath her. She's so lifeless she could pass as dead. There's blood everywhere I can't take it anymore. Autumn's mum comes rushing over to me and embraces me into a hug. Soon follows her dad. We're all crying watching them try to get Autumn up.

"Get her up on three. One, two, three, lift!" They get her up on the stretcher and put an oxygen mask over her mouth. We follow them as they put her into the ambulance and check her pulse.

"No pulse! We need to bring her back!" Whimpers leave our mouths and we begin crying. I don't care if I'm a man or not, someone I love has no pulse and is dying! Be strong, for her Damon. Stay strong. I roughly while the tears away and run to the ambulance where they're trying to bring Autumn back. One of the paramedics is pumping air into her from an oxygen mask and the other is doing CPR.

"No pulse still!! We're going to lose her!" That's when I went numb. I couldn't feel anything, the pain from losing Autumn six years ago, the pain of losing her again. It all went away. She's going to die because I forced her into meeting with them. I did this to her.

"I have a pulse! Let's go! We need to rush her to the hospital now! Sir, if you're coming then hurry up." I nod my head and jump in and take my place right beside Autumn.

The ambulance jets off but all of it goes slow, looking at Autumn. How...broken she looks.

Because of me.

~·«»·~

~·»A U T U M N«·~

Shut that horrid beeping up. It's driving me insane. The beeping continues making me moan in irritation. Good God someone turns that off! I move my fingers but a sharp pain shoots up my arm. My eyes wrestle to open, and slowly but surely they do. A blinding white light greets me when I open them.

I look over to my side to see Damon's head against the bed and his hand around mine. I have a cast on that arm and I think on my left leg. I can tell that there are bandages around my chest because it's straining me from breathing. Also another bandage on my head. I don't remember how I got here or what happened.