One - Heterochromatic Eyes

A/N: Er.. yeah. A new KuroBasu fanfic, I know. (Especially those who's reading 'My Heart's Three-Pointer) But.. well... I can't help it. Haha. 

And yes, this sucks for a first chapter. But please tell me what you think? I'm still not sure on what point-of-view is should go with or if I should even continue writing this! Haha. XD

Dedicated to her. :3 Because I kinda promised that I'd dedicate a Kise one shot to her but forgot to do it so... yeah. Haha.

COMMENTS ARE GREATLY ACCEPTED. OwO

****************************

All of the audience's eyes were on him. May it be fans from Kaijou or the opposing school, they were watching him. 

Despite this game being only a practice game against a second-rate high school in preparation for the Winter Cup, the real deal, there was already a swarm of girls watching him. Take note: HIM. Not that he's full of himself, but the girls were only cheering for his name.

"Kyaaa~! Go, Kise-kun!"

"Kise-kuuun! You could do it!"

"Kise-kun is so cool!"

He flashed his fans a heart-melting smile, which was responded by simultaneous high-pitched fan girl squeals, before stealing the ball from a black-haired opponent. He dribbled it away as his opponents chased after him. Of course, the opponents were no match for Kaijou's ace. He jumped up and slammed the ball into the basket. And right on cue - the timer buzzed. He fell with a wide grin as he wiped off his sweat with his blue jersey. Cue the eardrum-harming fangirl squeals.

"Nice job, ace!" one of his teammates greeted him with a wide grin. "Just make sure you'd play better in the Winter Cup!" He chuckled.

"Relaaax! We'd win it!" replied the blonde with a confident smirk.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself, Kise." Kasamatsu, the team's captain, approached him with much seriousness in his eyes. "We're also competing against your former teammates," he pointed out.

"I know, I know! Which is why I'm excited!" Kise smiled enthusiastically as a proof.

Kasamatsu sighed, annoyed that their ace didn't get his point and could be an idiot at times. He walked away to the shower rooms muttering, "You're hopeless..."

A hand then clamped his shoulder. Kise looked at the owner of the hand, turning out to be Yoshitaka, their handsome almond-eyed senpai who's a self-proclaimed ladies' man and yet he doesn't have a girlfriend. "Introduce me to them, Kise," he said with a stoic look on his face, pointing at the mob of girls watching Kise's every move. Kise smiled cheerfully at the girls then waved, triggering another set of fan girl squeals. 

And that's where he first noticed her. Wearing a sleeveless crimson lolita costume with black frills and having her silky long black hair up in two uneven pony tails, she was simply staring at him with her sparkling heterochromatic eyes filled with wonder. One eye was crimson red while the other was yellow - just like Akashi Seijuurou's. The only difference was there were clock-like markings on the yellow eye. Is she related to Akashicchi? Kise wondered.

"Any girl in particular, Yoshitaka-senpai?" Kise asked, placing his face next to Yoshitaka's ear so that he could hear through the squeals. He then noticed the heterochromatic girl perk up and look more excited, her eyes probably twinkling like stars by then. What's up...?

"I think that one's cute." The senior pointed to the area where the girl in orange stood, still staring at them. Upon noticing that they were looking at her, she suddenly found the basketball court's floor really interesting. "The one beside the lolita girl," Yoshitaka added, taking the blonde's attention off the girl. "I played for her today." Kise could've sworn he saw a pink sparkly aura emanating from Yoshitaka like those in shoujo anime.

Kise hooked his left arm into Yoshitaka's right arm then went on their way to the girls as if they were taking a leisurely stroll through the park. Some girls made way for them while the others approached them, telling them (especially Kise) how awesome and amazing they played. Others asked for his autograph on magazine pages where he's featured. After entertaining most of them, they finally got to approach the bespectacled girl Yoshitaka was referring to. Miss Lolita, as Kise named her in his mind, was still there, staring at the two of them again.

"Hi there," greeted Kise. Miss Glasses blushed then replied with a soft "Hi, Kise-kun..." Yoshitaka unhooked his arm from Kise's. Miss Lolita checked the time on her wristwatch then slowly took a few steps backward, clutching a large illustration board.

"What's your name?" Kise asked with a friendly smile.

"Fujisaki Haruna..." the girl replied, obvious that she couldn't believe that Kise was actually talking to her. Through her glasses' thick lenses, the model could see her hazel brown eyes staring widely at him and his senpai. He couldn't blame her. Two jocks talking to a nerd at once? It's definitely her lucky day. 

Kise grinned wider. "And this here is Yoshitaka Moriyama-senpai~" The senior smiled handsomely at the girl then said in the most charming voice he could manage, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Fujisaki-chan." Surprisingly, his so-called charms worked. They started talking in no time.

Letting the two talk to themselves, Kise discreetly took a few steps away. He then noticed that Miss Lolita wasn't where he last saw her. His golden eyes automatically roamed the whole court, looking for even just the slightest sight of her but she was nowhere in sight. He sighed in disappointment. He really did want to talk to her.

And that sparked his interest in Miss Lolita.

***

Classes just dismissed when Kise walked through the bustling hallways that'll lead to Kaijou's basketball court. Of course, being the model-slash-basketball-player-slash-popular guy he is, everyone gave way for him to pass through accompanied by fan girl squeals, looks of admiration, and envious gazes. He smiled at everyone nonetheless.

He then passed by the Anime Club's room, catching a glimpse of a familiar orange lolita dress through the small window of the the room's door. He stopped walking, trying to get a better look of the dress. As if right on cue, a girl with long silvery white hair came bursting out of the room, bumping into him. He took a few steps backward due to the impact while the girl was about to fall butt-first to the ground if he didn't pull her up and helped her get back to balance.

"I'm sorry~!" the girl apologized with a sheepish smile as she gently held a black wig in her arms. Upon looking at Kise's face, the girl turned pale as her eyes widened with shock. Through her face, Kise immediately knew that it was Miss Lolita. Her left eye was red and the other was yellow with clock designs. "I'm so sorry, Kise-kun!" She frantically bowed a couple of times to show how sorry she was. "Did I hurt you somewhere?!" 

Kise chuckled at her frantic movements which he found really cute. "Seriously! Don't worry about it!" he answered, laughing. He then remembered the reason why he was so curious about Miss Lolita. "But I do have a question, though... Do you mind answering it?" He beamed a billion-kilowatt smile which was sure to turn any girl's knees to jelly.

She stopped bowing then stared at him with wide curious eyes. "I don't..." she answered, unaffected by the model's charms, much to his surprise. But of course, he hid it very well.

"Are you related to Akashicchi --- I mean --- Akashi Seijuurou? You both have those... differently-colored eyes," Kise asked, staring at her.

"Eh?" she tilted her head to the side. After a few seconds, realization dawned on her. "Ah!" She giggled. "I'm wearing contact lenses. The Anime Club needed some advertisement so I volunteered by cosplaying," she explained. "I'm sorry to disappoint, Kise-kun!" She bowed again then checked the time. "Please excuse me!" She bowed once again then ran off.

At that moment, Kise felt really stupid. Of course it was cosplay! What else could it be? He then faced the direction where she ran off. "Hey, wait!" Kise called after her.

Fortunately, she wasn't much of a fast runner so she heard him. She stopped then turned around. "Yes?"

"I'm sorry, too... and nice to meet you ... er...?" Kise, for an unknown reason, suddenly felt like asking her name. 

She understood then bowed. "Mashiro Yuki. It's nice to meet you too, Kise-kun."