Fourteen - Water Bottle

A/N: *shamefully leaves this here* ihaventupdatedformonthsimsorry

____________________

Mashiro Yuki

I cautiously peeked into the basketball gym, my hand, covered by the excessively long sleeves of the large blue jacket I was wearing, gripping on my brother's water bottle and the other on the advertisement. I blew away the stray light blue strands of the wig's hair obscuring my small view as I slowly went into the court and behind the tall wall of fangirls, hopefully going unnoticed (which I realized was actually ironic, since I cosplayed today to be noticed).

Once I confirmed to myself that they, as I guessed, were having a practice game and it's not a good time for me to intrude, I started to walk away and set my apology plans to tomorrow instead. The girls squealed in sychronization as if they're singers in a choir, making me look curiously at its trigger. 

I wasn't sure if my eyes were deceiving me, but I swore I saw the ball come from the one half of the court and go straight into the hoop of the other half. Only one thought crossed my mind: Ryouta-kun did it. He copied the Green Glasses Dude's skill. I jumped up and down at the back of the wall of tall girls. Let me see, let me see, let me see! 

The next thing I saw from the court was a flash of yellow near the basketball hoop and the high-velocity ball falling afterwards. Dark Blue Pervert's play. The crowd (of fangirls) went wild as the whistle signalling a time-out resounded in the covered gym. Just how much did Ryouta-kun improve since the last time I came with his training?

The people in front of me dispersed and soon found their way towards Ryouta-kun's company. Welp. There went my chance of apologizing to him for every unfair thing I did to him. I'd probably have to try again on another day again.

I searched instead for the oh-so-familiar stature of the idiot I call my brother, and soon found him grinning at his phone. Does he finally have a boyfriend? Of course, I was kidding, but I'm actually not sure about what his real sexuality is. For me, he's a homo unless proven straight!

I bolted to his direction -- something the character I was currently portraying would definitely do. "Maaaster!" I called him in the most energetic and Ene-like way possible. This was part of the overall cosplay, anyway. He looked at me, confused for a moment or two, before recognition flashed in his purple eyes. They twinkled as a large smile emerged on his face, and I had the sudden urge to run for my dear life.

"YUKIII!!!" He threw his poor phone to his bag then -- kyaaa! -- came running to me with open arms!

Out of pure impulse (and fear for my well-being), I threw his water bottle to him with the greatest force my arms could ever muster and rushed away. The next thing I heard was a loud thud followed by the metallic sound of the tumbler hitting the court's wooden floor. I looked back and saw my big brother on the floor, his wrist rubbing against his temple and his face crumpled up in pain.

Oopsie daisy.

I ran to his side then plopped myself on the ground in genuine worry. "W-Waaah-- I'm so sorry, onii-chan! I swear on Noiz's full-body piercings that I didn't mean for that to happen!" I apologized as I put my hands together and bowed in front of him. 

"...Full-body piercings? Noise? Who?" Onii-chan asked quizzically, his wrist still on his forehead. I noticed that under his hand was a visibly red spot. I winced, imagining the pain I caused earlier.

Remembering that incredibly handsome bunny-loving character made me forget about the current worry. "It's Noiz! He's a dominant type from DRAMAtical Mur--"