Eight - Sibling Eccentricity

A/N: I'm so sorry for the delay! TT^TT

And I'm sorry if Kise turned a little OOC in this chapter.

___________________________________________

Kise Ryouta

My training for the day was separate from all my teammates. Apparently, I was special. (As if I wasn't aware of that~!) I had to walk with the weird Keiichi-senpai and Mashiro-chan to an empty classroom supplied with a television set and DVD player. The venue for the so-called special training didn't make any sense.

I should also mention that Keiichi-senpai outshined my popularity in the school. It was pretty frustrating; I've never felt this way before! The girls would notice Keiichi-senpai first befor me. Most of the first years didn't know him, though. I did my best not to let it get to me and act really cool as always in front of others.

Along the way, I had to face the eccentricity of the Mashiro siblings. Mashiro-chan had to hide behind me and grip on my clothes every single time the talkative Keiichi-senpai would stop sharing his story for a while to look at Mashiro-chan. He'd pout out of disappointment then carry on with his story. They were amusing to watch. I've never really met a guy who has an extreme case of sister complex until I met Keiichi-senpai!

"What are we going to do there?" I asked curiously. I tried to take a peek into the bag filled with CD's that was being carried by Mashiro-chan earlier, but I still had no clue what it may have. There wasn't anything written on their white covers.

"I'll teach you a special lesson, new ace!" Keiichi-senpai, who was walking a step ahead of us, answered enthusiastically with a wink. 

 "Eh? Really?!"

He nodded, grinning. "I will still help Kaijou get its well-deserved victory!" He pumped his fist in the air, as if to give more emphasis on 'victory'. He looked back at us, more specifically, at Mashiro-chan. "Did Onii-chan look cool earlier, Yuki?!"

Mashiro-chan, who was hiding behind me, peeked at him and answered, "You looked stupid, Onii-chan."

An imaginary lightning bolt shot through Keiichi-senpai's body, and he suddenly slumped. "Y-Yukiiiiiii! Don't be so brutal to your beloved Onii-chan!"

"The truth may hurt, but it will set you free," Mashiro-chan answered nonchalantly.

"Yuuukiii!" Keiichi-senpai whined like a kid as if he wasn't in college already.

I stiffled a chuckle. Witnessing their brother-sister treatment to each other was like I was discovering a new side to Mashiro-chan. Maybe it's the side she only uses to people close to her? Somehow, it sparked a sense of achievement deep inside me. I liked watching them fool around even if I was around.

I felt her tug on my sleeve. I looked down on her, and met her golden gaze (she was wearing contact lenses as a part of her cosplay). Her eyebrows were crumpled a little worriedly, and she forced a smile. "I'm sorry for getting you involved in this... thing," she apologized.

"Ehhh? It's fine! It's fun to watch you two, actually!" I beamed at her.

 "...If you say so..." She shrugged and shot me a smile.

We soon arrived to the room. No one was inside, as Keiichi-senpai wanted. He locked the doors as Mashiro-chan went straight to the television and its respective player. I walked with Keiichi-senpai towards the front and sat on the seats nearest the television set; Mashiro-chan was already finished in preparing it.

I had a hunch that we were going to watch the latest game of our first opponent for the Winter Cup. But when the video played, my jaw dropped.

Instead of an unknown high school basketball team, what showed up on the screen was one of the last games of a really familiar middle school basketball team --- Teikou, my former team. Surprised, bewildered, and finding no sense in it, I jerked my head towards the the siblings, who were only watching the game with great interest.