Five - Expectations

A/N: Sorry for taking too long to update!
And I hope this story isn't boring... OTL
And yeah. I accept dedication requests. Haha. If ever anyone wants them.
__________________

Kise Ryouta

Where the heck is she?!

It has been two days since that 'tomorrow'! I haven't seen the slightest sight of her. Not even her shadow!

Don't get me wrong! I'm not crushing on her or anything! (Woah. I sounded like Midorimacchi!) I seriously am not! It's just that she's comfortable to be with. And due to that simple reason, I want to be friends with her!

I let out a sigh, shooting a ball into the basketball ring from the three point line. Of course, being the awesome basketball player that I am, it went in. I passed the ball to Moriyama-senpai who was behind me. The few girls who were watching the practice clapped their hands cheerfully, squealing my name. I winked at them with one of my charming smiles before running back to the end of the line. It's so heartwarming how my fans are so supportive of---

OUCH!

I fell face flat on the ground as if the basketball that thinks it was a meteor from outer space with the special mission of hitting my head pushed me like it's a person strong enough to do so. It hurt! I sat up and rubbed the part where I was hit, hopefully subduing the pain. Suddenly, I was in the shadow of our team captain. Yikes! What did I do wrong now?!

"Get your head in the game, Kise! Where the heck is your mind today?!" Kasamatsu-senpai scolded me with his usual annoyed face. Ever since I sneaked out of practice to visit Kurokocchi, he's been more uptight with me! He wouldn't even let me leave the basketball court to buy something to drink for our short break! And when I tell him I need to pee, I have to be escorted by someone in the team! It's so embarrassing!

"But senpai! We've been just shooting baskets for the past hour! It's boring!" I complained, standing up. We're just doing those boring three-point shots. It's not as flashy and cool as dunks and lay-ups! "But your aiming has gotten a real lot better!" I commented on his assault as if it didn't hurt and knock me off my feet, grinning ear-to-ear.

He shot me a sharp look that could very well mean that I must be serious with the practice. I pouted like a kid in reply, giving him the childish do-I-really-have-to look. His thick eyebrows furrowed deeper, his eyes filled with murderous intent. He grabbed another ball with one of his hands. Not good! I have to run for it! I stood up and ran away from him as fast as I could. He was about to throw the ball with full force at me when a tall guy in the second string called for him. "Kasamatsu-senpai! A freshman here wants to see you." He glared at me again before dropping the ball and heading towards the door where his guest might be waiting for him.

Phew. I sat on the glossy wooden floor, watching senpai's figure grow smaller as he walked further. A freshman, huh? Could this be a confession?! Who would've thought that there'd be someone who'd like him?!

If he heard what I just thought, I would've received a painful beating.

There were two freshmen who wanted to see him. He conversed with the girl (who I couldn't see clearly because Kasamatsu-senpai was blocking the view) as the guy with longer-than-usual gray hair who was slightly shorter than Kurokocchi just watched the two. For a moment there, I thought he was a girl! He should get a make over or something!

Kasamatsu-senpai then faced me, the frown missing from his face. He was even grinning! Is the girl who confessed to him is that cute? I want to see her! But now's not the right time for us to go out with someone. The Winter Cup's getting near. Senpai gestured me to go where they were. He probably wanted me to meet the girl or something! I nodded with a charming smile, standing up and walking to their direction.