Chapter 2-Typical Tony

"When were you going to tell me this, Fury?" I yell.

I pretty much ran the way to Fury's office as soon as Emma told me about my father. I didn't even give her S.H.I.E.L.D. IPad back. Now, I stand in Fury's office demanding answers.

"About what?" Fury asks, sitting 'normally' at his desk.

"Agent Coulson!" I scream.

"I have no idea to what you are referring...."

"Don't play that game with me, Fury! I thought you promised never to lie to me again," I say.

"Trust the system, Agent Coulson," Fury says.

"Trust the system? Trust the system? I am a level five agent, Fury. I need to know information," I say, "Is Agent Coulson alive?" I ask.

Fury takes a deep breath.
"Yes. Agent Coulson is alive."

My throat makes a strange noise as I take the seat in front of Fury's desk.

"Why, Fury?" I ask.

"Because I...."

"Don't answer that," I say, "Where is he? And what happened that you had to keep this from me?"

"When were you going to tell me about you and your friend hacking S.H.I.E.L.D? I have the power to dismiss her," Fury says.

I halt, frozen in my seat,
"Just tell me about my father."

Fury stands and walks around the room,
"This information is normally just for level seven and higher, but..."

"Just tell me, Fury!" I yell.

"When Agent Coulson was stabbed by Loki, he did die," Fury explains.

"But how..."

"Do you want answers?" Fury asks.

"Yes...."

"Then listen. He died for about ten seconds. When the doctors arrived, they were able to restart his heart. But in order for the Avengers initiative to keep going, I told you all he was dead so you could fight Loki a little easier," Fury says.

"Where is he now?" I ask.

"New York," Fury says.

I almost jump out of my seat.

"And before you ask, I am actually taking some of our agents to New York because Stark called us in. Coulson is meeting us there." Fury finishes.

"Will you take me?" I ask, "To see Tony and Coulson?"

"Which would you rather see?" Fury asks.

I laugh sarcastically.

"Now that you know about Coulson, I don't really have a choice do I?" Fury says.

"Not really," I say.

"Alright."

Wiping a tear, that I didn't realize was there from my eye, I stand and head towards the door,
"Thank you, Fury."

"We are leaving tomorrow. I will have Hill collect you. Six a.m," Fury says.

I open the door.

"Agent Coulson," Fury says.

"hmm?" I ask.

"How did you find this information out?" he asks.

I freeze.