Chapter 16-A High Advantage

Chapter 16- A High Advantage.

I remember.

Every last memory. S.H.I.E.L.D taking me in, Loki trying to destroy the earth, being the dang seafood medley girl on Steve and my first date, Electro shooting me, losing my memories, relearning my entire life with Nat, Clint who's married to Nat, Loki taking over the world again.

Steve, Tony, Derrick, and I about to die.

But then I remember I'm being electrocuted by a map. Ha, how many people can say that. Just me. The heat of the energy feels like it's ripping my skin off.

Finally, I scream.

I scream until the light around me dissipates and I fall to the ground.

"Christy!" Steve yells as he darts to catch me.

My skin isn't seared off, but I am glowing gold like I did at Stark Towers the first time I tried to absorb energy. Steve wraps me in his arms, then gently sits on the cold, metal ground.

"I remember," I whisper, lightheaded.

Steve almost drops me he's so happy.

"You saved us, Christy!" Derrick shouts.

"Don't expect me to do it again," I mutter.

My head is spinning, pounding, and fuzzy all at the same time. Seriously, it's fuzzy like a blanket.

"How did that feel?" Tony asks.

"Like the first time, T-man. Except I didn't pass out on this go round," I say.

He looks at me like I'm a ghost.

"She remembers. Christy's memories are back! Absorbing that energy must have reversed whatever Electro did when he erased her memories," Steve says.

"That's amazing," Derrick says.

Oh yeah. Derrick. There's still something I have to settle with you.

"Help me up, Steve," I whisper.

He jumps up, and after helping me stand, holds my hands for support.

"I can do this," I say.

He nods and let's me go.

Using the rest of my strength, which by the way is not much, I manage to inch over to Derrick.

Derrick holds out his hands, and I gladly place my left hand on his arm. My right arm however, has a very special purpose.

Agent Derrick is a computer nerd. He doesn't go on many field missions that involve hand to hand combat.

Smiling, I punch Derrick in the stomach,
"That was for knowing my dad, Phil Coulson, was alive and not telling me," I yell.

"I deserved that," he says.

I punch him again.

"What was that for?" Derrick asks, holding his now probably bruised belly.

"That is for Emma. Because if you ever hurt her, so help me I will hit you way harder than I just did," I say.

He laughs, but you can't mistake the look of pain and embarrassment on his face,
"Don't worry. Just no more punching," Derrick says.

"Not making any promises," I say releasing his arm.

No. Bad idea, Christy. I begin to fall again.

"I got you," Steve says picking me up bridal style, "no more walking for you."