Chapter 17-My Oscar Worthy Performance.

A/N: WARNING! This is going to take a while to read:) lol.

****************************

Chapter 17-My Oscar Worthy Performance.

"What good is that?" Derrick asks, "because that was not what I was thinking."

I roll my eyes,

"Loki thinks my memories are gone. If I can trick him into thinking I ran away from S.H.I.E.L.D when you rescued me, he'll assume I'm on his side," I say.

"Do you think he will talk to you?" Tony asks.

I throw my arms out exaggeratedly,

"Yes! I...." I pause to look at my hands, "Steve. When did I stop glowing?" I ask.

My body is completely, (minus my charred hands), healed, normal, perfect. And peachy. Last I remember, I was glowing gold.

"The gold color went away about a minute after you absorbed the energy from the map," Steve says.

You think I would've noticed that.

I shake my head,

"Okay. Believe me, guys. Loki will talk to me."

"Alright. Then let's get you to Loki," Tony says.

"Wait! I just remembered. There is one teeny tiny problem."

"What is it?" Tony asks.

"Loki can read minds" I say.

Derrick groans,

"This is fantastic!"

"Look, before I was rescued I had gotten pretty good at hiding my thoughts," I say, "so the problem is not me. It's you. You three have to stay more than fifty feet away or Loki will know you are here."

"Fifty feet?" Tony asks.

"No. I'm not letting you out of my sight again," Steve says, "Going against Loki alone is a death wish."

"Really, Steve. You want to talk about a death wish just think about the past two hours!" I say.

"You almost died!" Steve yells.

"We all almost died!" I yell back.

Steve steps closer to me,

"I lost you once, Christy. Actually three."

"Should we....go?" Tony asks.

"No," Steve and I say.

"Okay," Tony says.

Derrick and Tony still back up a few inches.

"Do I need to point out what happens when I let you go?" Steve asks.

"Please," I smirk.

"The first time I lost you...you....you died. The second time, Electro erased your memories. And lastly, Loki kidnapped you. I just want to protect you," Steve says.

"And your doing a fine job at it. Look where we are, Steve," I mutter.

I can tell I hurt him by the look on his face.

"You're right," he says.

Steve stares into the distance as he walks around me,

"Mr.Stark, please talk some since into Christy, she listens to you."

I shouldn't turn around. I should let him go. He deserves to be ignored. Steve doesn't trust me enough to let me face Loki. If I were normal I would stay where I am.