Chapter 2: Aiden

"Mr. Aiden. Excuse me Mr. Aiden. Mr. Aiden?" I hear Juana's voice in my sleep, her Spanish accent making it even louder than it already is.

I smell bacon and an assortment of different breakfast items that force me to open my eyes.

"Juana, I don't mean to sound like an asshole but please leave my room. Just leave my breakfast at my desk and I'll eat it when I'm ready. Thank you," I beg her.

"But Mr. Aiden," she begins to protest but I cut her off.

"Juana I'm naked under this blanket," I lie to make her leave.

"Oh, so sorry Mr. Aiden," she turns around and scurries out of my ridiculously sized bedroom.

Finally some fucking peace. I really didn't mean to sound like an asshole, but it's the same shit every day. One of my maids, usually Juana, wakes me up every morning at eight o'clock with breakfast in her hand and she refuses to leave until I eat it. It's not like she does that because she wants to but that's the orders she was given by my mother when she hired her. We have six maids and three butlers in the house, each having their own room to stay in.

To most people, nine servants sounds like the dream life, but not to me. It's a pain in the ass. They always want to be a part of what I'm doing; eating, sleeping, it's like I can't even piss without someone asking if I'm okay. I just want to do something on my own for once. I want to live a normal life where I have to work for something. I hate living the life where everything is handed to me on a fucking silver platter.

My dad is probably the wealthiest lawyer in America. He owns a multi billion dollar law firm here in Sacramento, California. He worked his ass off to get to where he is. My mom worked with him to build his company so it's just as much his as it is mine. When I was sixteen, Dad offered me a job as a paralegal in his firm and I took it the second he mentioned it. Mom and Dad put me in a special learning program to get me way ahead of my classmates. I'm only eighteen years old and already have my bachelor's degree in law and working towards my master's degree. Now I just have to graduate high school.

I finally decide to sit up in my bed and stretch. When I hear my phone chime I roll my eyes, hoping it's not my bitch girlfriend Serena. I asked Serena out my sophomore year because she was hot, but from what I could tell when she spoke to me, she seemed pretty genuine. Boy was I fucking wrong on that one. She's witch sent from hell. I really should've dumped her a long time ago but the sex was so good I didn't want to. She forces me to buy her expensive gifts so that she can flaunt them all over the school. I don't have any proof but I'm pretty sure she bullies kids a school too.

Picking up my phone I look at my notifications and see that Serena has texted me fourteen fucking times in the last twenty minutes. God damn she is so fucking annoying. I can't take it anymore. It's almost like she makes my skin itch because she's so bad. I decide to check the texts and each one is worse than the one before it.

Serena: Hey Baby <3

Serena: Baby wake up (:

Serena: Are you dreaming about me? (;

Serena: What am I doing to you?

Serena: I can make your dream come true; D

Serena: Hello?

Serena: Babe it's time to wake up. You're supposed to take me shopping today -.-

I give up reading the rest of them and decide to call her. Fuck this bitch. I am so tired of her taking advantage of me. I press the dial button and wait for her to answer.

"Baby are you ready to pick me up?" Her voice instantly gives me a headache.

"I'm not going to pick you up," I reply with a coldness in my voice that's needed an escape for a while.

"Oh are you sending a car? A limo?" She says it like she expects it.

"No, I'm not taking you shopping today. Actually, I'm not taking you shopping ever again."

"Um, what are you talking about? You want to make me happy right? You know they saying goes "Happy wife, happy life" right," her voice seems more on edge and it pisses me off even more.

"Serena, from the moment we started dating you've been taking advantage of both me and my family. You only like me because of my popularity status and because of my money. You use me and you use everyone that allows you too. I am done buying anything for you and I am done being your boyfriend. Go find some other poor soul to fuck up," I lay it all out there and I feel a sense of weight leave my body.

"Are you high? You must be out of your damn mind if you think you're breaking up with me, Aiden Shield! She pretty much screams into the phone.

"I was out of my mind being with you and letting you take advantage. You're bad for me and, honestly, you annoy the fuck out of me."

"I will ruin you!"

"Do what you want, Serena," I hang up before she can say anything else.

I get out of bed and walk to the bathroom, leaving my phone on bed. I watch the bathroom fill up with steam as the shower runs hot, begging me to get in. I step into the scalding hot water and stand there with my head down, letting it flow over me. As I run my fingers through my hair, I open my eyes and let them adjust to the hot steam.

My shower alone is the size of a full bathroom, which is totally unnecessary. It comes with a built in waterproof stereo system and a touch screen television. There's also a reclining bench that kind of forms out of the bottom of the shower. With the touch of a button, the walls will come down a little and seal shut, forming my shower into a bathtub the size of a backyard pool.

I finish taking my shower and step into the steamy air, wrapping a towel around my waist. I walk over to the mirror, wiping away the steam and take a look at myself. My brown hair is dripping, hanging over my eyes. Everyone in my family has brown eyes but for some reason, mine are green. Nobody has an explanation as to where they came from. My dad even took a fraternal blood test to make sure I was actually his child.

After I get dressed I decide to send out a group text to my team, letting them know to meet me at the abandoned landing strip outside of town. The landing strip is where we go to get drunk and chill and get away from everything. I let them know that I dumped Serena and that we're all celebrating tonight. After that I go out into the house to find my favorite butler, Sam. Sam is my favorite because he never asks questions and he's by far one of the coolest old men I've ever met.

"Hey Sam," I shake his hand.

"Aiden! What can I do for you," he looks pleased to be involved.

"Would you mind getting me some booze?" I beg.

"Do I ever mind?" He chuckles.

"True. I want to big bottles of Jack Daniels and a case of Coors Light. I finally dumped Serena so the team and I are celebrating tonight at the landing strip."

"Oh thank God. She was a raging cunt," he curses and I chuckle.

Sam only swears in front of me because we have an understanding with each other. A friendship you could say.

"When do you need the booze?

"I'm going to meet the guys at nine o'clock. So probably by seven or seven-thirty."

"Alright, I'll drive you there as well and pick all of you up around two o'clock," he asks about the time.

"I would make it one or one-thirty. Thanks, Sam," I give him two hundred dollars and walk to the media room to watch TV.

Tonight is going to be awesome. One last time getting fucked up with my best friends before school starts on Monday. This is the first year of my freedom from Serena too, so that's a bonus. I'm making a promise to myself now: no relationships. No girlfriends. I owe it to myself. This year is going to be different.