Chapter 14: Aurora

Aiden: Goodnight, Gorgeous. See you in the morning (:

It's been over a month since he sent that text and I still continue to read it every morning before meeting him at school. It seems so long ago, but it's not less effective as my heart beats out of my chest every time I read it. We've been seeing each other after school almost every day, like we can't get enough of each other. I love how he's gentle with me and doesn't push for anything. He hasn't tried to get into my pants yet, even after that time I was high.

After a few minutes of reading the same text over and over again I decide I should get ready for school so I'm not late. I go with a simple ponytail, and minimal makeup for today, not feeling like putting much effort into it. I slide into a pair of army green skinny jeans, a white tank top, and my white Chuck Taylors. I hurry through the rest of my morning routine, kissing Dad on the way out.

I get to school early and sit on a bench at the front entrance, waiting for Aiden. As I'm scrolling through my phone, two guys that I've met only once come and sit on either side of me, staring at me.

"Is there something I can help you guys with?" I ask.

"Well we were wondering if we could pay you to have a threesome with us. We heard you did it with some of the soccer guys and we want of piece of that action," one of them looks me up and down.

"I'm going to warn you guys to get the fuck out of my face right now," I continue to look at my phone.

"What's the matter? Is it because we're not on the soccer team?"

"She said to get the fuck out of her face, so I suggest you do so," I hear Aiden's voice and my head snaps up to look at him.

"Shit," they both mumble and walk away.

"What was that about?" He asks.

"Doesn't matter," I grab his hand and stand up.

"Alright. Good morning, gorgeous," he lays a soft kiss on my lips.

"Good morning."

He locks his hands behind my back and kisses me again, biting my lip.

"Hey! No PDA!" A random teacher scolds us.

"Sorry Mr. Talon," Aiden smirks, showing just how sorry he's not.

I laugh at his sarcasm and pull him to class with me, ready to get this day over with. The school day goes by much faster than it did yesterday, though everyone's attention has been on me all day. During lunch I decide to call the hospital and see how Mrs. Miller is doing.

The nurse tells me that Mrs. Miller is still in a coma a month later, but says she's stable.

"Thank you so much. Could you leave a note with her for me just in case she wakes up? I just want her to know that someone is thinking about her," I ask the nurse over the phone.

"Of course," she takes my message down and hangs up.

"Everything okay?" Aiden asks as I sit back at the lunch table.

"Mrs. Miller is still in her coma. The nurse said she's stable and her chances of waking up have increased so I'm staying optimistic," I smile.

The rest of the school day flies by and before I know it, the final bell rings and Aiden is walking me to my car.

"Hey, do you think your coach would mind me watching y'all practice? I'd like to see some action today," walk with my arm looped through his.