Chapter 4: Aiden

Well here it is, Sunday; the day before the first day of school. The day that everyone, not including parents, despise. Students have to wake up at the ass crack of dawn to listen to lecture after lecture and get assigned four hours of homework a night. Teachers have to wake up even earlier to teach us asshole students and have to make up lessons, and class work, and then homework. And then the teachers have to grade all that shit. I feel sorry for them, but whatever. It's my last year anyway.

The team stayed over at the house another night, but we were all too tired to do anymore drinking. When we all woke up yesterday we decided we needed to get out of the house so we rode around the property, through the forest on ATVs for a while and decided to go out to eat afterwards. Everyone voted on where they wanted to go and, despite my best efforts to not go, they all voted on Hooters.

Now, I have no problem with Hooters. Their food is good, they've got sports television on, and they've got great service. I wouldn't mind going there if Serena hadn't just gotten a job as a waitress there. I'm surprised that she actually got a job, and got a job so quickly, but I'm not surprised she chose Hooters. Their uniform consist of booty shorts and tank tops that show way too much cleavage so I guess it suits her.

When we walked into Hooters, she was the first person I saw and I instantly wanted to leave. Not because I'm scared of her, but because I didn't want to deal with her shit. The guys all looked at me and laughed, knowing how annoyed I was by just the sight of her. Eventually we all got to eating and, surprise, Serena came up to our table and tried to convince me back to her. I swear she was showing so much cleavage that she was about to have a nip slip. I pretty much told her fuck off and leave us alone and, to my surprise, she actually did. The food was good and the night was fun but eventually, after I got the check, everyone went their separate ways.

So here I am, swimming in our oversized backyard pool enjoying the peace and quiet I've been looking forward to. California weather is hot as fuck. It is not fun, but thanks to our super cool pool guys, we have a water temperature controller for the pool. So the weather can be hotter than hell and I'll stay cool. I'm doing laps in the pool when Dad comes and sits on the edge, placing his feet in the water. I swim over to him and stand in the water, sure he wants to talk to me.

"Are you excited about your senior year?" He asks, sounding a little amused.

"Yeah, ready for it to be over," I float on my back.

"Why so negative? You should enjoy it while you have it. You're not going to have much of a college life because you'll only be going for a year or two."

"And that's exactly why I'm not excited about this year, Dad. I already have my bachelor's degree so a high school diploma is a measly accomplishment compared to that don't you think?"

"You have a point, son. To be honest, I don't really miss high school. I only miss the friends I had then, and the fun times your mother and I had when we were younger," he looks up at the sky and smiles.

"You and Mom go on vacation all the time," I point out.

"Yes, but when we were young, things were so much more exciting. Your mom and I have seen just about everything there is to see in this world that there's no surprise anymore. Don't mistake my words, I love spending time with your mother and I absolutely love spoiling her, but I don't know what to do to blow her mind anymore. She's seen it all," he smiles a sort of sad smile.

"Maybe I'll come up with something. Who knows? By the way, I dumped Serena. For good," I look at him to watch his reaction.

"Yeah, word gets around, Son. Took you long enough," he smirks at me and I can't help but chuckle.