Chapter 11: Aurora

"What the fuck was that?" Taylor squeals once the door shuts behind us, but I'm still in my daze.

I absentmindedly touch my lips, missing the feeling of his on them. Laying onto the bed in my dazed state of mind, I bite my lip and replay what just happened.

"Um hello? Aurora," Taylor waves her hand in my face and I'm snapped backed to reality.

"I did it," I whisper.

"Did what? Did you have sex with him? I need answers," she begs.

"No I didn't sleep with him. Although I would've but he stopped before we did anything too intimate. Earlier in the lake he told me he'd get me a bunch of school merchandise to wear to his game next week. When he said that he'd do that, I felt this burst of confidence hit me and I kind of hinted a move on him. I guess we both just acted on it. I'm glad we did," I bite my lip again, ready for more but I know I'll have to wait at least until morning.

"Wait HE stopped y'all from having sex? HE did? Not you?"

"Yeah he did. Let me tell you, he was so hard and I wanted to do it. I wanted to so bad but he stopped it. For good reason, I'm sure."

"Bitch, I'm glad you grew a pair of lady balls and finally went for it," Taylor smiles at me.

"Fuck off," I laugh. "Let's go to bed. Your flight leaves tomorrow afternoon.

I wake up before Taylor and decide to walk downstairs to the kitchen where I smell fresh coffee. Mrs. Shield is sitting at the huge kitchen table, sipping a cup of coffee and I join her.

"Good morning, Mrs. Shield," I sit in the chair across from her and smile, feeling cheerful.

"Good morning, Aurora. How did you sleep?"

"I actually slept great! I really appreciate you allowing us to stay here overnight. I'm sure my father does too. He always hates it when I drive in the wee hours of the morning."

"Oh of course, Aurora. You are welcome in my home anytime," she reaches her hand across the table and covers mine.

I smile at her and sip at my cup of coffee that Giovanni just brought to me.

"Is Aiden still sleeping?" I ask her.

"No he usually wakes up pretty early. We have a gym in the back of the house. He should be back there. Would you like me to show you the way?" She offers.

"Actually if you could just give me directions, that'd be great."

She tells me where to go and I find my way easily. I open the doors to the gym and I'm amazed by it. It's a full-sized gym with a boxing ring in the middle of it. I see Aiden lying in the middle of the boxing ring, looking up at the ceiling. I step up into the ring and stand over him.

"Good morning," I hold my hand out to help him up.

He takes my hand but pulls me down and sits me on top of him. He sits up and brushes a strand of hair from my face, smiling.

"Morning," he brushes his thumb across my lips, sending a nice chill through my body.

"What are you doing in here?" I ask.

"I was just about to finish my workout. But since you're hear now," he stops talking and leans in to kiss me.

I make no effort to move away from him because I want him. His lips, his body, his everything. I kiss him back but pull away after a second.

"Want to fight?" I ask him.

"You want to fight me?" He chuckles, but a hint of excitement shines in his emerald eyes.