Chapter 18: Aurora

"Are you ready for this?" I straighten Aiden's honors ropes on his graduation gown.

"Yeah of course. Easy breezy, gorgeous," he places a quick kiss on my lips.

"Got your speech?"

"Of course I have my speech," he shows me his note cards.

"Good. I'm so proud of you, Babe," I grab his hand.

"I'm proud of you too. And you know this is only the beginning. Harvard is next. Me, you and Athena in our own place. Sounds like paradise to me," he plays with a strand of my hair.

"Agreed," I hear Pomp and Circumstance start playing and I know it's time for graduation to start.

"Let's go," he leads me out to the huge stadium, holding my hand until I have to step up and present my salutatorian speech to the crowd.

I don't even feel an ounce of nervousness in me as I give out my speech. I made sure to make it entertaining for everyone and when I'm finished the crowd roars, ready to hear Aiden's speech. We cross paths and he gives me a high five before stepping up to the podium. I watch my incredible man give his speech in awe of him. Every word that flows out of his mouth is right. Aiden Shield knows how to pump up a crowd and do it with class.

Soon after his speech, he stands next to me and the principal of the school starts doing diplomas. Aiden walks to him first, grabbing his diploma and shaking Principal Wright's hand before disappearing down the steps of the stage. I go after him, shaking Principal Wright's hand and rushing off stage to find Aiden.

The rest of graduation lasts over an hour and we sit there, clapping as everyone receives their diplomas. When the last person has received their diploma, Principal Wright announces that we can throw our caps. Sounds of joy fill the huge stadium as caps fly in the air and parents clap for their graduates. Aiden picks me up and kisses me with excitement, catching me off guard.

"We did it, gorgeous," he puts me back on my feet.

"We did it," I grab his hand as we walk outside and wait for our parents.

"Congratulations!" Aiden's mom hugs the both of us with tears pouring from her eyes.

Hugs from Aiden's dad and mine follow, tears shared with everyone. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around to see Serena looking at me.

"Can I talk to you two?" She looks at Aiden and I.

Aiden instinctively wraps his arm around me for protection but I go ahead and agree to talk to her.

"Hey, we'll me y'all in the car. Shouldn't be long," Aiden tells his parents and my dad.

We follow Serena a few feet away and allow her to speak.

"I just want to apologize for the way I treated you this year, Aurora. I know I said some awful things about you and that wasn't right. I know it affected you too, Aiden," she looks down at the grass in shame.

"Why did you say those things about me? Be honest," I ask.

She sighs but continues.

"I was jealous. Aiden spoiled me and I became hungry for money and power. When he dumped me and got with you, I hated you. I don't anymore, though. You never once fought me back in the way I did to you. And I can see the way that he looks at you. He never looked at me like that."

"Thank you for your apology and I forgive you. It's in the past and I've dealt with worse than what you brought on. You should go celebrate with your friends and family," I hug her and genuinely forgive her.

She walks back to her family and Aiden stands in front of me.

"That was very big of you," he locks his hands behind my back.

"I don't see a reason in holding a grudge. She apologized and it's time to move on."

"Fuck, I love you," he pushes my hair behind my ear and kisses me.

"I love you too, Babe."

As we walk to the car, I start to think of my future with Aiden. I love him so much and in just a couple of months we're moving in together. We're going to have a life of our own and the more I think about it, the more I can't wait.