Chapter 16: Aurora

I sit on the hood of Aiden's Audi R8 as he rummages through his trunk to get my supposed surprise. His first game is tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. It's been forever since I've gone to a sports event and I can't wait to cheer on my man.

"Alright, ready?" He walks around to me with a huge box in his hands.

"I'm always ready," I hop off the hood and turn towards the box.

"Alright, open it."

I take the lid off of the box and look at its contents. The box is filled with more personalized team merchandise than I could count. I pull a shirt out of the box because it's wrapped in a bow.

"I thought you could wear this tomorrow for the first game," he points at the shirt.

It's a red soccer jersey tank top with the words "Shield's Girl" on it, framing his player number, seven. I smile, happy that he went out of his way to get these things made for me.

"Thank you, this is so sweet," I hop on my toes and plant a kiss on his lips.

"Oh but there's more. I know you're going to hate this, but I had to," he digs at the bottom of the box and holds out a Tiffany blue long rectangular jewelry box for me to take.

I stare at the box, only imagining how much he spent on it. Anything bought from Tiffany and Co is going to be crazy expensive because they use real treasures for their jewelry.

"Aiden," I start to protest but he doesn't let me.

"Just take it. It's already done," he places the box in my hand.

I open the box, revealing a beautiful silver-chained necklace, a number seven pendant made of shining diamonds hangs at the bottom. I stare at it in awe, the diamonds almost blinding me.

"Aiden, it's beautiful!" I gasp at its beauty.

"I'm glad you like it," he beams of pride.

"I love it, really. Thank you so much. I'll be sure to wear these tomorrow," I hug him tight.

"Great. You staying for practice today?" He asks.

"Not today. Dad asked me to come home. He said we needed to talk about something. I'm kind of nervous," I shrug my shoulders.

"Don't be nervous. He's your dad, he probably just wants to talk about vacation or school. Something like that," he rests his forehead against mine.

"Maybe. Have fun at practice. Thank you again for my gifts. I love them," I wrap my arms around his neck and give him a lighthearted kiss.

"Of course. You're fun to spoil," he grabs the box and walks me to my car, putting it in the passenger seat.

I give him one last kiss, telling him goodbye and drive out of the parking lot. I can't believe he just gave me a Tiffany and Co necklace. They cost a fortune! I mean, I know he and his family make loads of money like me and Dad, but it's still a big gift.

When I get home I hang my keys on the key rack and sit on the couch across from where Dad is sitting. He's doing something on his phone but stops as soon as I sit down.

"Hey, Princess," he greets me.

"Hey, Dad. What's up?" I ask.

"I wanted to talk to you about something. I want to run it by you before I go through with it," he leans his elbows on his knees.

"Oh. Is it a case?" I ask.

"Nope, not a case. It's more personal."

"Oh. What is it?" I ask, confused.