Chapter 6: Aurora

Finally lunch rolls around and I hurry to get my school ID photo taken so that I can find a seat in the cafeteria. When I get to the cafeteria it's so crowded that I can't find an empty seat anywhere. I hear my name being called and look around to see Nate walking towards me. I can't help but let out a sigh of relief.

"Come sit with us. We saved you a seat," he motions for me to follow him.

"That was very generous. Thank you," I smile at the table full of guys as I sit down between Carter and some other guy I haven't met yet.

"Guys, this is Aurora. Aurora, meet the team," Carter introduces me to everyone.

"So what team are y'all exactly?" I ask, sipping some water from a cup I brought with me.

"The soccer team. Championship winners," Carter smiles wide and I can tell how proud he is to say that.

"That's awesome, y'all. Congratulations!"

"So we're all going ATVing this weekend. Want to join?" Chris, one of the guys, ask and I nearly choke on my water.

"Hell yes, I want to come! I haven't been four-wheelin' in forever," I catch myself and roll my eyes at my accent. "There goes my southern accent again," I mumble and Carter laughs.

"I think it's cool," Carter bumps my shoulder with his.

"Well thanks. Hey, is it cool if I bring my best friend, Taylor, with me this weekend? She's back home but she'll be visiting this weekend and she's just as excited about mud as I am," I ask, hoping they'll say yes.

"This is the girl that you said I'm her type," Carter asks.

"Yeah, her."

"Then fuck yeah, please bring her," he laughs.

"Awesome! Oh hey guys, Nate, Carter and Aiden are meeting me in the parking lot after school to check out my Ferrari. Y'all wanna join?" I invite the rest of the team because I can tell that I'm going to love them.

I get a chorus of "yes's" and smile in content.

"You're not going to eat?" Aiden notices my lack of food.

"Not what they're serving here. School food is processed and littered with all kinds of chemicals and shit that I'm not interested in. I usually cook but I haven't had time to with all the moving. So I'll just wait to eat lunch until I can cook something and bring it to school."

"So you're just not going to eat. I would fucking die of starvation," Chris says while shoving a piece of greasy pizza into his mouth.

The bell rings, signaling us to get to class so we say our goodbyes and disperse into the halls. Throughout the rest of my classes, I've found that at least two guys from the team are in each of them, making it much easier to enjoy. By the time last period comes around, I'm ready to go home.

As I walk into class, I see Aiden and Carter sitting at a table in the back and I automatically take the last seat at the table. Just as I sit down, a girl with resting bitch face approaches me. She has fake platinum blonde hair, fake tits, and false eyelashes and I just have a feeling that what she's about to say isn't going to be good.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry but that seat is taken," she chews on her bubblegum and doesn't even try to sound sincere.

I look at the guys and raise my eyebrows before looking back to her.

"Yeah I know it's taken. It's taken by me," I look her in the eye, waiting for a reaction.

"Listen, whatever your name is, that's my boyfriend," she points to Aiden, "So I suggest you find somewhere else to sit," she threatens.