Chapter 5: Aurora

I hear "Take Shelter" by Years and Years come from my speaker that's built into the ceiling of my new bedroom, making me wake up. That's definitely the coolest thing ever. I just hook my phone up to the speaker via Bluetooth and speakers around my room play whatever I want, including my alarm clock. I get out of bed and walk across the huge bedroom and into the adjoining second master bathroom to get ready for school.

Yesterday when we arrived at our new house, I was almost in shock at how big and beautiful is. My dad has never been one to buy unnecessary things for us but he told me that since we're starting over in California, he wanted a change. This is the kind of change that I don't mind. The house is huge, to say the least. It's a mansion and almost resembles a castle. The house had eight rooms in total and the same amount of bathrooms. It's absolutely breathtaking. Our Great Danes, Athena and Atticus love the house too. My dad took a video of all of us yesterday when we arrived because we were all happy.

I do my makeup kind of edgy but natural with dark brown eye shadows, and black wing tip eyeliner and using a burnt brown shade of lipstick on my lips. For my hair, I make big sexy curls, tossing my hair over and shaking it out, then doing a tight braid on the side of my head to give it that edgy, rocker look. Finally I get dressed in the outfit that Taylor bought for me, sending her a picture of my finished look, and go downstairs to make some coffee before I have to leave for school.

I get downstairs and see that Dad's door is open but he's nowhere to be seen. He must've gone for a run like he usually does. I make my coffee, grab my keys and aviator sunglasses, and then head outside to leave. I turn around to lock the door and when I turn back to walk to my car, I stop dead in my tracks when I see the most beautiful surprise ever. Dad is standing with a video camera in his hand next to a red Ferrari F12 Berlinetta with a big pink bow on it.

"Holy shit, Dad. Is that for me?" I cover my mouth with my hands, feeling my eyes widen.

"Do you like it?" He asks excited.

"Like it? I love it! Thank you so much, Daddy," I hug him when he hands me the keys.

"Good. Okay go. I don't want you to be late on your first day," he kisses my cheek and opens the door for me. I sit on the black leather seat and adjust all of the mirrors, hooking the Bluetooth up before pulling out of the driveway.

I love this car! I've always wanted one and what's even better is that it's a stick shift. Sports cars aren't as fun to drive if they're an automatic. This car was made for speed. I take a sip of my coffee and trust my GPS to get me to school. By the time I get to school, it's seven o'clock on the dot and everyone is running to their classes. I find the front office and ask for help with getting my schedule. A tall man with black slicked back hair approaches me and introduces himself.

"Hello, Aurora. I'm Principle Wright. Just follow me to my office and I'll get you set up," he motions for me to follow him to his massive office.

The room has a huge desk with three computers on it, a couch, a table, reclining chairs, a TV, and a dart board.

"You call this an office?" I ask and sit in a chair.

He chuckles and sits at his desk in front of me.

"Well I guess it's more of a miniature man cave," he types on his keyboard.

"Yeah that seems more accurate. The last principal's office I was in had a desk half this size, a dinosaur for a computer, and a plastic chair."

"I thought everything was supposed to be bigger in Texas," he counters.

"Not in Timpson unless you're counting food and wild game."