Chapter 8: Aurora

As soon as I got home from Aiden's I kissed Dad tonight and practically bolted upstairs. I replaced my dinner outfit with pajamas at lightning speed and now I'm sitting in bed with my laptop, waiting for Taylor to pick up on Skype. When she picks up, I can hardly contain my excitement.

"So how was dinner at Mr. Green Eyes'?" She skips the greetings and gets straight to the topic of conversation.

"It was great! God, I wore this sexy outfit and everything and I don't know why. I've been attracted to guys before but I've never gone out of my way to impress them. Anyway, back on topic. I got him to dance with me," I gush some of the details so fast I don't even take a breath.

"How did you manage that? The dancing," she asks.

"I beat him at Call of Duty and he asked me what I wanted as a prize. So I told him I wanted to dance with me. It took some convincing but he gave in eventually. We actually had a lot of fun doing it and then I caught his mom videotaping us and I got embarrassed."

"You should fuck him," she gives me a serious look but a smirk tugs at her lips.

"I definitely wouldn't be opposed to it, but I just met him. Plus, you know how I handle sex and stuff."

"Yeah, yeah, never have sex with a guy unless you're in a relationship with him," she uses two fingers for air quotes and rolls her eyes.

"Maybe you should try it sometime, you fucking slut," I point my finger at the camera.

"Hey, there is nothing wrong with enjoying sex," she counters.

"Yeah you're right. I love it too but I'm choosing to be smart about it."

"You and your fucking morals. I love you girl but I have to go to sleep. I'm really glad that things are going well so far. I love you. Goodnight," she winks at the camera and shuts it off, leaving me to my busy thoughts.

I decide to go to sleep because with all of the thoughts running wild through my mind, I was overwhelming myself.

I hear my alarm go off and practically sprint from my bed, excited to see Aiden today. I decide to go simpler with my makeup today, applying only mascara to my eyes and a nude lipstick to my lips. I straighten my hair, pulling it into a sexy, sleek ponytail then travel through my massive walk-in closet, looking for today's outfit. I find a tight, long sleeve black V-neck shirt and a gray fitted skirt that reaches just below my knees and hurriedly put them on. I pair the outfit with some black lace-up heels, diamond studded earrings, and a simple but beautiful diamond choker. I look in the full body mirror hanging in my closet, confirming that I look great while still adhering to the school dress code. Once I okay myself, I finish the rest of my morning routine and drive to school.

I somehow find a decent parking spot and head inside, getting to class early. As I'm pulling my notebook from my purse, Aiden walks in and sits in the same chair he was in yesterday.

"Hey," he smiles at me as he sits.

"Good morning. Hey I had fun last night. You're parents are sweet," I smile at him.

"Yeah I had fun too. You've got to come over again sometime."

"Actually I was thinking about having you and the rest of the team come over for dinner tonight. The Houston Texans game is on tonight so I'll cook whatever and we can watch the game. I think it would be fun. Plus you'll get to see how amazing my cooking is and how much better it is for you than anything else you eat," I smirk, knowing that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

"That sounds really cool. I'm down. I guess you can ask the rest of the team at lunch," Aiden points out as Carter and Nate walk up to the table.

"Ask the team what at lunch," Nate asks as he plops in his chair next to Aiden.