Chapter 12: Aurora

"You're kidding!" I gawk at him in pure shock.

"Nope. Follow me," he grabs my hand and pulls me behind the cage where we meet a zookeeper.

"Aiden I can't believe you did this for me," I look up at him as the zookeeper gets the elephant ready.

"I wanted to," he wraps his arms around me and squeezes tight.

The zookeeper tells us that the elephant is ready and helps us onto it. Aiden gets on after me and gets so close that he presses my back to his chest. We sit there for a minute in silence until the elephant starts walking and my heart leaps from me chest.

"This is so fucking cool," I reach my hand out in front of me and rub the elephants back, feeling the course skin against my palm.

"This is a first for me. I've been a lot of places, done a lot of things, but I've never been on an elephant," he wraps his arms around my torso and rests his chin on my shoulder.

"This is really fun. This whole night has just been amazing," I smile, feeling every step that the elephant is taking.

I'm so swept up by this night that I can't wait it out any longer. I keep my balance but turn my body around to face him.

"Whoa be careful," he holds onto my shoulders to steady me.

"I'm good," I smile and push my ponytail behind my shoulder.

Everything he's done tonight has been perfect and I can no longer contain myself. He's sort of like the perfect gentleman because it's like he doesn't want to push me. I scoot as close to him as I can and go for the kiss I've been wanting all night. His lips are soft and inviting, calling my name. I feel him smile as he pulls back, but I leave my eyes closed for a few more seconds, taking everything in.

"Eager are we?" He chuckles his sexy chuckle and smirks at me.

"Hey, you totally stepped up the dating game. I mean we're on top of a fucking elephant. I wanted to take advantage of the moment," I shrug, smiling.

"No complaints here. I did promise your dad I'd have you home by midnight though, so it has to end eventually," he hugs me to his chest.

"Boo," I pout, sticking my bottom lip out.

He kisses my lip, biting it slightly and I can't help but get crazy turned on by it. Tiny goosebumps cover my body and I have to rub my arms to make them go away.

"Are you cold?" He asks.

"No, not cold," I smile, almost embarrassed at how easily affected my body is to his touch.

He looks at me funny, with a smirk on his face, but lets it go. The elephant comes to a stop and I know it's time to get off. The zookeeper helps me down and Aiden follows, grabbing my hand and leading me back to his car. When we get there, he gently backs me up to the car door and claims my lips again with his, ever so gently.

"And you call me eager," I giggle between a break.

"Sorry," he chuckles but his hands find their way to my hips and squeeze.

His hands are big compared to my waist, and the feel of them gripping onto me feels amazing. God damn. I can't help but press my body to his, and his instinctual reaction is to find just enough skin under my shirt to cover with his hands. When I think it's about to get even more heated, he surprises me by tickling my ribs.

"Ah!" I squeal and try to get away but he's too quick and too strong, he just picks me up like I'm a feather.

"Wow you're so sensitive to touch," he laughs as he sets me down on the hood of the car.

"Very sensitive to touch. It's a weakness," I roll my eyes but smile.

"Oh I like it. Gives me an advantage," he leans forward and bites my lip, making me shutter. "See what I mean?" He smirks, knowing that he just proved his point.

"Hey that's not nice. Plus, two can play at that game. Now I'm nice enough to not put that kind of torture on you right now. But keep acting up, I'll show you," I playfully threaten him.

"Why do I feel like that's a threat I want to be on the receiving end of?" He chuckles and I shove his shoulder, blushing.

"Oh shut up," I laugh, still blushing.

He leans his head back and laughs at my defeat.

"Alright, I'll leave you alone," he lifts his hands in the air in surrender, leaving my body cold.

"No, don't leave me alone," I pull his hands back down to my waist again and pull him close by his shirt.

"Okay," he kisses me sweetly but reality smacks us both and I check the time.

"It's almost eleven," I whine.

He sighs and pulls me off of the car, opening the door for me to get in before getting in on the driver's side. He grabs my hand and kisses it before letting the top to the car come down and pulling onto the highway.

"Chandelier" by Sia plays on the radio and I'm in such a good mood that I can't help but sing along to it. I put my hands in the air, feeling the wind wrap around them and just have fun. I'm not worried about looking crazy or looking like an idiot, I know Aiden wouldn't judge me for having fun. Aiden pulls off the highway and stops at a red light.

"You're going to have to sing me to sleep one day," he says, catching me off guard.

"That can be arranged," I assure.

The rest of the ride we talk, sing, and laugh like we've been a part of each others' lives forever. When he pulls into my driveway we still have about ten minutes so we sit there and enjoy each others' company, damning the time as it goes by. Eventually it comes time for me to go inside and I'm instantly disappointed by it. I let him walk me to the door and I hold his hand for a minute.

"I had fun tonight," I reassure him as I get out my keys.

"I did too. I'm glad I got to take you out," he twirls some of my ponytail around his finger.

"I'm glad you did. We'll do it again soon, I hope."

"Definitely. I guess I better let you go before I get you in trouble," he wraps his arms around my waist to pull me close to him.

I step up onto my tip toes and give him one last sweet, long kiss for the night. I pull away after a minute and unlock the front door.

"Goodnight. I'll see you tomorrow," I open the door.

"Goodnight," he squeezes my hand and walks down the stairs to his car.

As soon as I get inside, I run upstairs to my bedroom, excited to call Taylor and tell her everything. Even if I wake her from her sleep, I have to tell her just how wonderful my night has been.