Chapter 27

#WIAE27 Chapter 27

Night kept on cursing as he stared at the two lifeless bodies in front of him. And I didn't feel anything... I didn't even feel an ounce of remorse for what I did. And I should. Cathy only did that to save her family... but she should have known that every betrayal has a price. She should have been prepared to pay the price. And that was her life.

"Shit," Night cursed again.

I pursed my lips and looked at him. I had never seen him as perturbed as he was today.

"You shouldn't have done that," he said, looking at me. "You shouldn't have killed Ella."

My lips quivered as I replied. If there's a death that I would regret, it wasn't Ella's. She deserved it. She deserved what she got... and if she didn't, then I also didn't deserve the hell she made me go through. But I guess nothing in this life we're living was fair. Death was the only ending. She should've known.

"How would I know?" And then I looked at him, my eyes lifeless. "You never tell me anything."

I was tired.

"Because you're not supposed to know anything! Not yet!"

A smile slowly broke on my face.

"Alright," I said, giving in. "I'll play your game... and I've played my part. Now do yours."

Napatingin si Night sa mga katawan sa harap niya. Ella's eyes were still wide open... and she was looking at me. I was the last person she saw before her demise. She probably never expected that. She pushed me around whenever she could... she never expected that I'd be the one to take her life. Funny how life works that way.

One second you're alive... the next one, some bitch just killed you.

Nung hindi gumalaw si Night, nagsimulang gumalaw ang mga paa ko. I was looking for the phone. I needed Sandra. I needed her help.

"What are you doing?" Night said, holding my arm as I held on the phone.

"I'm going to call Sandra."

Agad niyang inagaw sa akin iyong hawak ko.

"No."

I stared at him.

"Will you help me, then?"

He stared hard. And yet, I still couldn't read him. There were so many things he was hiding, and I couldn't wait until I get a hold of all of his secrets. He was hiding so many.

He didn't say a word, and instead, crouched down and put his hand over Ella's eyes and made them close.

"She shouldn't have died," he whispered.

But the dead would remain dead. And there's nothing to do about it.

Night asked me to stay out of his way as he cleaned the mess I created. He asked me not to look at him as he dismembered the body, but I kept my eyes on him. He was a monster, I knew, but I never thought I'd be seeing this side of him... how evil he could really be. How low he could get just to play this game he was leading...

"How can you cut down your own friend, Night?"

He got a knife and a black bag, and started cutting the joints.

"How can you kill her?" he shot back. "And you even killed your own friend."

My eyes went on Cathy. She was laying on the cold ground, blood still flowing from her wound. She was just a part of the mess Ella created. She shouldn't have played the game. She was a pawn... and pawns get discarded first.