Chapter 30

#WIAE Chapter 30

I shook my head. No. This wasn't real. She wouldn't do that to me.

"No..." I trailed off. I looked at her. I refused to believe... not even when she was standing in front of me telling me that she was responsible for everything. "Shut up!" I shouted. She was my friend. Hindi ako naniniwala na kaya niyang gawin ito sa akin. I could accept others' betrayal, but not hers... She was my friend! I trusted her! I treated her as family! I was ready to protect her from everything!

Laurie shook her head and looked at me.

"I'm sorry," she said.

"You're lying," I said, continuously shaking my head. This couldn't be. Not her...

"I'm not. I planned everything... I'm sorry."

Why did they keep on doing this to me? Why did my friends keep on betraying me?

"You know I am in love with NIght... and he's in love with you."

"What?!" I roared. "You're crazy!"

Laurie nodded and then looked at Night who was frozen beside me. Night was looking at Laurie. And Laurie was clearly lying. Night wasn't in love with me. He was playing with me. I was his toy. I was the one he manipulated just because he knew he could. I was the one providing him entertainment. He was toying with me. That was what I was to him.

I looked at Night, but his eyes were on Laurie. I could see fear in his eyes.

"Before you came, everything was good. Night's with me and Ella's happy with Avo. Everything was perfect... until you ruined it." Her lips were quivering. She was lying. This can't be the truth. "It was fine with me because you're with Avo... But you caught Night's attention. He's in love with you... and I hate it. But what can I do? You're an Estrella... and I'm no one. So I planned everything. I waited. When I became the slave of Avo, I was able to work with Cathy... and that was when I learned that she's in love with Fuji. But Ella had been a real bitch to her. She's the one who ordered the death of Cathy's family when she saw that Fuji was getting close to Cathy."

She's seven feet under, but that bitch could still make my blood boil with disgust. She deserved that kind of death. She deserved what I did to her.

"I worked with Cathy and made her tell me everything... When do you go out at night... During what time... Every little details, Boe... I planned everything just so I could get rid of you..."

Umiling ako. Paulit-ulit. Hindi ako naniniwala sa kanya. She's lying... that's the truth.

"Shut up," Night said. Laurie didn't listen. I wished she'd stop saying this... But she only shook her head.

"And then when news about you breaking up with Avo went out, I knew you were going to go out to think. Because that's who you are. That's what you do... So I used Ella's name to convince Jude to do that to you."

My chest was tightening. I was reliving the memory again... How they touched me... How they molested me... How they tore my clothes... How I asked them again and again to stop... How no one listened...

They fucking destroyed me. They began this game that I was playing.

"You remember that night, Boe?" Laurie asked. "I was at the other side... listening to you cries... I heard every whimper... I heard you say stop, but I didn't listen... because you deserved everything..."

Tears flowed. How... how could she do this to me? After everything I did for her? Was betrayal the only ending?

"Stop..." I whispered. "Tama na..."