Chapter 9

Fear is described as being afraid of someone or something that is likely to be dangerous, painful, or threatening.

Yeah, I felt some high class fear at the moment.

Afanas dragged me down the hall, two men walked next to us.

Apparently I was a 'runner' and I was 'not to be trusted'.

Yeah, pretty much.

I swallowed down a whimper as we stopped outside a door, my chest heaved and I trembled.

Bodyguards stood outside the door. They were huge. Their faces looked dead as they opened the door for us.

Inside was not what I thought it would be.

The room was massive, and dark.

A large thrown looking seat was in the center of the room, men upon men crowded into the room, their faces grim and scary. Many of the men appeared to be smoking weed, the smell consumed and dominated my nostrils, making my head spin.

It was a crowd of tattoos, guns, and drugs.

I swallowed down another gasp of terror and saw their eyes on me.

At least a dozen men. A dozen faces staring at me.

I heaved as Afanas walked me to a group of girls.

Their faces were caked in makeup, their bodies shoved into flimsy fabric.

You are not better than this. Don't try to be better than this

The woman's words from earlier rang in my ears.

I shoved down all my tears and fears as Afanas shoved me next to the line of women.

"vesti sebya." He growled in my ear. (Behave.)

His iced hands released me, and he walked away from me.

I stood next to a blonde girl, her face was caked with dark makeup, her light green eyes were watery with tears.

She looked young. And I felt my heart breaking apart as she glanced at me.

Her eyes were dead. They looked hopeless and broken. Like she had lost everything that ever mattered in her life.

She looked lifeless.

"What's your name?" I asked softly as I glanced around the room.

The throne that sat in the center remained unattended, the men that surrounded the room stared.

"I-Ingrid." She stuttered, her lips were cracked, dark lipstick covered the damaged skin.

"I'm Calla." I said softly.

She shook. Her body moved slightly towards me, and I felt myself wanting to comfort her.

Something, anything. I was so at a loss.

I was losing, and I couldn't do anything about it.

I glanced around her trembling frame, there were about seven other girls that stood. They all looked frightened, their eyes were glimmering with tears.