Chapter 10

I froze at his words.

His gun was still raised, if I didn't listen to him then he'd kill Ingrid.

I didn't know why I was risking my life for a complete stranger who only exchanged a few hushed words with me.

Maybe it was because I thought I stood a better chance. I was bought for some unknown reason, this man payed a large sum of money for me, it would be idiotic to shoot me after he payed.

Ingrid on the other hand wasn't purchased, and I found myself thinking that she had it worse than I did. He could kill her and lose nothing.

Now I stood, staring down the barrel of a gun.

Fuck it.

I took a few steps across the room, men watched as the scene unfolded.

Every step I took I felt my fear fading away. I felt brave.

My eyes grazed the floor as I walked, I couldn't look into the eyes of the man that stood some feet away from me.

I would lose every ounce of bravery I had if I did.
My heels clicked across the cement, that soft noise ricochet off the walls of the dark room.

I stopped walking when his shoes came into view, my eyes were still plastered to the cement of the floor.

"Look at me." His voice was deep, brutal.

I blinked and my body shook. I trailed the scene as my head raised and suddenly I saw his face.

Fear. I tasted it on my tongue, a strong metallic taste that burned through my throat.

His iced eyes stared me down, like I was his prey.

Anyone could see just by looking at him, that he was a killer.

A gorgeous, sexy, killer.

His dark hair neat and slicked, his iced eyes lined with the dark edge that seemed to pierce his soul.

He was a beautiful murderer.

His gun had lowered, and was now placed by his side, his fingers still touched the trigger as if he was ready to shoot me at any given moment.

I would do anything to not be killed right now.

He sat back in his 'throne' . His eyes shone like death, as he motioned for me to sit. On his lap.

"Show me what you got, shlyukha." (Slut). He growled.

I gritted my teeth, and felt my arms tremble.

I glanced to his side, Afanas watched, his dark eyes serious as he stared me down.

His fingers tapped impatiently on the trigger.

I swallowed down the metallic fear as I stepped closer.

No more fear, Calla. Suck it up.

I placed my hand to the side of his face and raised my leg over his thighs.

I shook as I lowered myself down onto his lap. His body was hot and it consumed me.