Baby Boy

Tara's POV

It's finally the weekend!

I don't have to do training today!

Happiness!!!

I decided while getting dressed in baggy jeans and a T-shirt that says ' I am beautiful, no matter what you say,' that I was going to go to the mall.

I went down stairs to get breakfast.

I looked in the cabinet and found Mini-Wheat's.

OMG! I LOVE MINI-WHEAT'S!!!

I immediately grabbed a bowl,milk and a spoon and started eating the heaven like cereal.

" Exuse me" a small voice asked.

I looked down to see the cutest little boy around four with barely any clothes on and dirt all over him.

" My pack just got attacked by rouges and my mommy and daddy told me to run. Have you seen my mommy and daddy?" The little boy asked with big eyes.

I felt a pang of sadness go through me.

" Honey, what's your name?" I asked in a soft voice.

" Jason"

" Well Jason, your mommy and daddy went up to a place where they can't be hurt. I'm sure that they didn't want to leave you." I tried to explain.

His eyes filled with tears.

" They're gone?"

" No, not gone. You just can't see them."

" Listen, I'm alpha of a pack. Once I'm out of here I'll take you in and you can join the pack. There are lots of kids there for you to play with. You can stay here with me for now. Would you like that?"

He looked at me with big eyes.

" Really? You'de accept me with no trial to see if I'm worthy?" He asked, looking up at me through his eyelashes.

"Of course. Now, lets get you in a bath and then we'll go shopping for toys and clothes at the mall, okay?"

He nodded enthusiastically.

" Can we go to an ice cream shop, too?" He asked sweetly.

Awwww....... How could you say no to that face?

" Of course sweetheart."

" Who's this" a voice I knew all too well asked.

I looked over to Jace and saw that he was looking pointedly and Jason.

" This is Jason."

I covered Jason's ears so he wouldn't have to hear my next choice of words.

" His pack and parents were massacred by rouges." I whispered loud enough for Jace to hear me, but not loud enough for Jason to hear me over my hands covering his ears.

He nodded in understanding.

" I'm going to bath him and take him to the mall to get clothes." I told him nonchalantly.

" Alright "

" Hey aren't you alpha Tara?" Jason asked.

" Yeah, how did you guess?"

" Because my mommy and daddy talked about all of the new alpha's and they said that you showed the greatest promise." He said matter-of-factly.

I smiled.

" Okay, little man, time to get you in a bath."

" But I'm hungry!" He complied.

" Alright, what do you want?"

" Can I have chocolate chip pancakes?"

" Sure"

So I gathered the ingredients and whipped them up.

After he ate them I got him in the bath and washed him from head to toe.

Then we drove to the mall and bought him lots of toys and clothes.

I watched as he hungrily licked his chocolate ice cream cone.

I smiled at him.

I somehow felt responsible for him, as if he were my own.

But I would never let him forget his parents.

Then we drove back home.

I put him in the guest room next to mine.

Just as I was falling a sleep a small body slided into bed with me.

I looked down to see a frightened Jason.

" I had a bad dream about my mommy and daddy." He whimpered.

I held him close to me and fell asleep with him in my arms.

 '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I dedicated this chapter to this person because of what she commented. I really appreciated it.