Sherlock: The Woman {Part One}

(What's up guys! This is a personal for Natalie. )

I sighed as I dropped the grocery bags at my feet as I dug in my coat pockets for the keys to 221B.

John, Sherlock, and I share a flat since we work on cases together and I was looking for a flat. Evidently, Sherlock and I have been together for about a year now.

I couldn't help but to notice how depressed he's been lately, he hasn't been the same since Mycroft sent him and John on a case from Buckingham Palace. I, unfortunately, was excluded from that case. Sherlock nor John has spoken a word about why, or what happened. When I ask John, he quickly adverts the subject to one of no importance.

I ask Sherlock but he merely states that it is of National Security and that it is none of my business.  But it's when I ask him why he is so depressed, is when that babbling idiot stays silent.

I slid the key into the lock and quickly opened the door. The flat was silent, blissful, the boys are still out on a case. I grabbed the groceries and headed into the kitchen.

A rank smell of Phosphorus filled my nose and I cringed, Sherlock must have been working on one of his little science experiments.  I didn't waste a second putting the food away, the only thing I want to do at this point is change into my loungers and watch some Telly.

I closed the fridge and made my way to mine and Sherlocks room, sliding my coat off. I opened the door and jumped, finding a woman in the bed. My eyes widened a moment, pain and anger filling my heart.

Quietly, I grabbed my case from the hall from closet and threw some clothes in there. I cannot believe that Sherlock would cheat on me.  SHERLOCK. Out of all people in the world.

I walked out of the room and shut the door, throwing my keys onto the table. I was not coming back here, this is over.

I opened the front door and collided with a tall figure. I backed away to find the eyes of Sherlock, my hands clenching into tight balls. "Natalie, where are you going?"

"Out." I grumbled and stormed past him. He grabbed my wrist and I quickly whipped around, smacking his full force.

He stumbled backwards and I ran out of the building, hailing a cab. I need to be far from here.

A sleek black car pulled up, Mycrofts assistant rolling down the window. "Natalie, where are you off to?" "Far from here" "good, let's go."

I didn't argue, just got in and let them take me to Mycroft.

Mycroft has really softened up to me, as have I to him. He accepts me as I am.
XxXxXxXxXx

I got out at Mycrofts home and rang the bell. The door is opened by his butler "Natalie, Mr. Holmes is in his study." I nodded and thanked him before walking up the stairs.

I followed the endless hallway to the very last door, sighing heavily before knocking lightly.

The door immediately opened, revealing the smiling older Holmes. "Natalie, I've been expecting you." "As I've gathered, Mycroft."

After a bit of talking, Mycroft sighed, hugging me lightly. I retuned the hug, clinging to his coat. "You may stay here if you'd like, I can even get you on your feet if you'd like." I looked up at him hopefully "really?" "Yes, you can work for me, live here, and your worries will be of no trouble."

"Thank you Mycroft."

XXXXXXXX

{Sherlocks P.O.V}

I stood in shock, my right cheek burning, heat spreading throughout my face. Why?

What happened that caused her to strike me like that?

I turned and looked to the flat, seeing empty shop bags sitting on the kitchen table. Her shoe marks in the rug leading to our room.

I'm pulled from my deduction by a tap on my shoulder. I turn and look at John, who is just as confused as I am.

"What was that about Sherlock?" I sighed and looked down at him "I haven't the slightest clue." John sighed and walked past me, sliding off his coat. "What did you do to her?" "Nothing that I know of."

I turned away from John and followed her footsteps leading into the bedroom. I opened the door and stopped dead in my tracks. The Woman. Natalie found her asleep in our bed.

Oh the thoughts that must be running through her head. Anger pooled my veins and I gripped the door heady aggressively. Why did this blasted woman have to come here, out of all places?

I rushed out and ran to John, who is looking eagerly through the freshly stocked fridge. "It's her."

John turned around quickly, his eyes wide. "The woman?" I gave a nod and continued "yes, she's asleep in our bed, which is how Natalie found her."

John frowned, turning back to the fridge. 

It was them when reality hit me, Natalie was gone with the thought that I have cheated on her. Her keys are sitting on the kitchen table along with her phone. There is no way for me to contact her to find her.

Oh no.

A searing pain filled my chest and my breath shortened causing me to groan. cJohn to look at me confused. "Are you ok, Sherlock?"
"My chest, John. It hurts."

John grabbed his stethoscope from the table and placed it against my chest. I hear a light throaty chuckle come from John as he shook his head and stepped away from me.

"What's so bloody funny!" I looked at him desperately as he looked up at me with a sly smirk. "You're fine Sherlock." "No I'm not! This infernal pain in my chest says so!"

Then it dawned on me. I'm in love. Me. In love with The Woman?

No you arrogant fool

Natalie.