Prologue

"I will sleep on the couch, you can take the bed." Nandani said arrogantly.

"Excuse me? We are married, you can share the bed with me. I won't do anything wrong." Manik to responded in the same tone.

"I already made it clear to you that I can never give you the rights of a husband. Hope you didn't forget it!" Nandani said in anger.

"I know...and listen, I am not dying to be in your arms. I have better options then you. What do you even have in you...No wonder why he left you!" Manik taunted her.

Nandani sulked at his words but kept it in. "He left me or not, it shouldn't matter to you." She soften and said. "You didn't want to get into restrictions of marriage and thats why you married me as we had an understanding. Understanding that you will not ask me to give you any rights on me and neither will I interfere in your life. So let's keep it that way." Nandani said meaning each and every word. "Your room, your bed. I will take the couch there!" She said picking up the pillow and blanket and placing it on the couch.

"Your bags are in there...change this stupid wedding dress, it's hurting my eyes!" He said going into the bathroom to change his wedding outfit.

Nandani sat on the bed controlling her tears and laughing at her faith. This marriage was a lifetime prison which had no future.

FlashBack...

Nandani's POV
Manik was there to see me for marriage. "Beta, take Manik to the garden. You both talk and make a decision for yourselves." Mom said to me. I nodded and Manik and me walked towards the garden.

Few minutes passed and I remained quite while he was busy in his phone. I could no longer take it and spoke. "Listen, before saying yes or no, I want to tell you something. I can never love you nor can I ever give you any rights over me. Nobody knows about this that is why I am telling you before. If we get married, I can give you nothing but loneliness." I said making everything clear.

"Oh thank god, even I didn't want to get married and all. Thank you." Manik said taking a deep breath. "But wait...why don't we get married?" He asked me.

I was shocked at his statement. "What? After I said all this still you want to marry me?" I asked.

"Look, I don't want to be kept in any restrictions and that is why I don't want all this marriage and all. But my parents won't agree and they will keep introducing me to more girls. Instead let's end this, let's get married...you don't interfere in my life and I don't interfere in your life. This way even you can be free, because you are a girl and your parents will always want to see you married at some point in your life. Think about this proposal....if you agree then let me know." He said very causally.

His words made no sense to me, however they kept ringing in my head. I thought thought and thought about his words and I don't know why but I agreed to this nonsense 'deal' of ours.

FlashBack ends...
Manik was always normal but from the past few days he has been behaving weird. He remained angry on Nandani more then usual and that is why their equation was getting even more complicated. Nandani too stopped caring and days passed like that. They hardly spoke when they were alone and pretended to be a very happy couple in front of others.

"Manik, why don't you take Nandani out on a trip?" Nyonika suggested to Manik when they were having dinner. "You two haven't been for your honeymoon either, maybe you can go now." She said further.

Manik and Nandani were both shocked as they did not see this coming but remained calm and Manik agreed due to the pressure by their parents.

"How dare you agree for it!" Nandani shouted on Manik when they went into the room.

"Excuse me, I don't have any desires to go with you either...you saw how they were...." Manik tried to reason with her.

"Oh please, I knew this. You will forget your 'deal' and try to get your chances with me." Nandani said with more anger.

Manik wanted to say something but he stopped. "Just forget it..." Manik said and ignored it.

"How can I forget it....you are trying..." Nandani was still furious but Manik cut her off.

"Listen if you have so much problem then go and tell my parents on their face and stop arguing with me. I am not interested in your body or your feelings or you..." Manik said glaring into Nandani's eyes but he looked away when he saw his helplessness in Nandani's eyes.

Manik found the hate in her eyes for him but Nandani noticed something really different in Manik's eyes. She didn't know what it was. Manik felt uneasy and went out of the room.

Two months of their marriage had passed and nothing had changed between them. It all started with a deal but things took a turn at some point. Which point and what was the reason is what they need to find. Maybe this trip was going to bring a change in their lives.