Chapter 16: Ending Vs Beginning

Manik's POV
The best way to get rid of all the pain and mess is by both of us setting each other free. I have the divorce papers in my hand that I had asked my lawyer to make the day Nandani went to her house. Now I just need to gather the courage and get it signed!

Nandani's POV
It's been 12 days since I left, yet Manik has not called. The way he is behaving is quite normal for the relationship that we share but I am behaving weird. In everything, I keep searching for Manik's presence. Why am I missing him? Why do I miss being with him? Am I going crazy!

I was setting up the table for lunch when Manik walked into the house.

"Hello uncle, hello aunty." He said and touched their feet.

"Uncle and aunty! Will you still call us this?" Dad said while Manik laughed it off.

"Beta, you came at a good time! We were just about to have lunch." Mom said as they sat on the sofa.

"I actually came to take Nandani back." He said and for some reason bubbles of happiness burst in me. He still hadn't seen me so I walked to him with a glass of water in a tray. Our eyes met and a smile naturally formed on my face but Manik was just like the day he was when he left me 12 days, 13 hours and 54 minutes ago. I think he is still mad at me. Maybe I should just apologies for being so unconsidered. He was right, why would he care about anything that's related to me when he has Aaliya in his heart.

"You can surly take her but let's have lunch first." Mom said.

"Actually, if you don't mind, can I take Nandani out for lunch?" Manik said but it felt as if he was still upset with me.

"Of course you can take her, she is your wife. You have a legal license for it!" Dad said and laughed.

"Nandani beta, lets pack your stuff so that your husband can take you to your house." Mom said but was sad as she realised I had another home.

"Mom!!!!!!!" I said and she controlled.

I waved my last bye and sat in the car....it felt as if it was my bidaai once again.

"What do you want to eat?" Manik asked.

"Ahh....anything.....Actually!! I want to eat the street food. I haven't had it for a long time now." I said trying to open up to him.

"Okay, we will go to a restaurant I know!" He said.

"No!! I want to eat it on the street, I mean the best street food IS on the street. The restaurants don't have the touch of taste to it." I said. For some reason, I wanted again to become like who I really was. For Manik. This relationship has no future but I want to live in it as much as I can.

"I really have to.......Fine, let's go there." He said surrendering to my wish.

Manik's POV

I got Nandani out for lunch so that I could give her the divorce papers but she is making it difficult for me or rather I can't gather the courage to end this. She wants to eat on the street but how will I give her the papers on the street. I guess I will have to give it to her next time.

"I want one gol gappa plate, cold coco, dahi ballaa and chaat. What would you like to have Manik?" She asked me. Will she be able to eat all this?

"I will just have mineral water! This place is not the cleanest I know so I will pass it." I said as I noticed the plates and glasses they had.

"Manik, you will seriously regret not having this." Nandani said as she received her pani puri plate. Since when does she get so excited around me? "Manik try this...open your mouth!" She said as she brought one closer to my face.