Chapter 10: My heart breaking silently

Nandani's POV

"I have agreed to help yesterday but I don't know what to do..." Manik said.

"What type of a girl would you want to date?" I asked.

"I am a married man, why would I want to date?" He said. There was an awkward silence for few seconds. Everything had stopped for a moment except the cool breeze in the balcony we sat in. Why am I even thinking so much, he is obviously joking.

"Yeah right..! Be serious Manik, what type of a girl would a playboy like you like?" I asked wondering if he felt bad.

"Ouch....that hurts!" He said sarcastically. "Well a player looks for a girl for passing his time, not to love! Shouldn't you be asking what type of a girl would a guy want to be loved." He asked.

"No....to get noticed, I just need to do what bold girls do." I said.

"OKaaaayyy.....! But first tell me something about him...A-Adit whatever." He asked.

I smiled remembering very little that I had in my mind. "He was crazy...a complete Pagal! He wanted to be the best in everything possible. He was the smartest in the whole school...smarter than the seniors, in fact he used to do some of their work too. Despite being so good in studies, he knew how to live his life. There was never a moment he didn't enjoy of his existence. Everybody loved him, his parents were so proud of him. He was the perfect child, perfect person!" I said. Manik thought for a while to himself and made faces. I was confused so I interrupted his thought process. "What?" 

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked.

"Hmmm.." I said.

"All the things that you have just said, are they the things that you have also wanted in you?" He asked.

Somewhere or the other he made sense but this is not what has to be discussed. "I will give you an answer to this question one day Manik....right now just help me out." I said.

"Okay....so let's start with your dressing. Short dresses, high heels and make up! You can take Mukti and Navya with you, they will know more about it." He said.

"No! Please....it's Sunday anyways...please come along." I requested. It took me a lot to open up to someone and with Manik I had gone through it, there was no more courage left in me to repeat the process. The story was stupid enough and I know Manik does not believe me but he is still willing to help. That means everything to me.

"Fine....!" He said and I smiled!

Manik's POV

I remember Nandani being so uncomfortable in the short dress when we last went shopping for the club. And there was today, when she looked just happy in anything. Such was the power of love I guess, she was willing to go through anything for that stupid guy who does not even give a damm! Why did I walk on this path when I knew it was made up of nails to hurt me every second.

"Manik....what are you thinking about?" Cabir asked as he passed a beer to me.

"Nothing..." I said.

"Achaa...so you are telling me that you came to my house at this time just to have beer with me?" He questioned me!

"Cabir.....I think I will be losing Nandani soon!" I said being disheartened.

"Matlab??" Cabir asked.

"You know my reason for the deal and Nandani's reason was because....she...she loved somebody else." I said.

"What!! She was in love with someone else..."Cabir said.

"I think she 'IS' in love with him! He is coming here soon.....and you know what's funny, he is coming in your bar." I said while Cabir took few seconds to connect all the missing pieces.

"You guys had a deal but you fell for her. Still you stayed away because of this reason and I pushed you into the mess!...Fuck, I am sorry Manik....I.." Cabir said as he realised the complete truth.

"It's not your fault. I played with the hearts of many girls too, so my heart has to pay for them all at once! This is what KARMA is about I guess...." I said realizing all the fooling around I had done in the past.

"Toh ab? What are you going to do now?" Cabir asked.

"I don't know yaar....she asked me to help her be someone that guy would like. How...How can she be so dumb!! How can she 'LOVE' someone she never even spoke to?? Is there anything more stupid than this!! 7 fucking years.....and most probably the whole life she will spend behind a guy who doesn't care. Why not me Cabir!!??" I unleashed the anger that had been built up throughout the day.

"Manik....just say no to her. Just get out of the mess, it's not too late. Divorce her!" Cabir said being the friend he was.

"I can't Cabir....the fact that I am hating the most is that I am willingly taking this pain. Being a man, I can't even cry to release the pain neither can I fake the happiness in front of her. This time I am really screwed Cabir." I said laughing at the mess I was stuck in.

Nandani's POV

"Confidence?? How will I have this?" I asked.

"Nandani, I have to go to office today!!" He said being grumpy.

"Manik....you are the boss there, it's fine if you go a little late." I pleaded like I would plead for a chocolate to my dad.

"Employees learn from their bosses, they will get the wrong message." He said fixing his tie and wearing the blazer.

"Manik please...."I said making a puppy face and twinkled my eyes wide open.

He looked at me for a few seconds with that grumpy face and eventually started laughing. "I never knew you had this little kid hidden in you?" He said.

"Neither did I....in the last 7 years, I don't know when I had acted like this!" I said realising it all. "You seemed to get it all out of me." I said smiling to him.

"Me or Adit....anyways, I really have an important meeting today. We will talk at night." He said and his grumpy mood was back. I didn't stop him as he said he had important meeting but I felt guilty for making him go through my problems.

"Listen..." He called out as he stopped by the door before leaving. "Confidence comes from believing in yourself, loving yourself....so look for reasons to love yourself first and let me know when I return." He said and left.

Reasons to love yourself? But I hate myself, then how do I find reasons to love myself?

Manik's POV

"Why the hell are the papers not organised well? Do I have to do this also now? What do you get paid for...?? Just forget it....get out of the cabin!" I yelled at an employee.

"Sorry sir..." He said and left.

I have gone mad!! Pagal hogaya hu! He came to give me coffee and I yelled at him for not organising papers....Shit!! Stop being devdas part 2 and let me get back to being Manik! Let's just get yourself distracted and be happy again. I was happy before I met Nandani in my life, it won't be that difficult.

For the first time I hesitated in opening the door to my own room.

Does Nandani really want to be with Adit or there is something else to it? Manik does not want to be a devdas part 2 and plans to be how he was before Nandani, will it work? How was the update, do share your views.