Chapter 14: Beginning of an end

Manik's POV
I walked out of the club not knowing where to go, whom to go but just had one thing in mind and that was to go away so far that I could never return. Because I feared that I could stoop so low to have Nandani in my life, whether she wanted or not. Is this even love anymore or have I gotten obsessed to just get her.

"Manik.." Somebody screamed and pulled me aside before a car nearly hit me. "Have you gone mad?? Will you kill yourself for a girl...!!" Cabir screamed but I collapsed on the road.

"I can't...I can't anymore Cabir!! Please, get Nandani got of my life. It's hurting too bad. Please....Please..."I cried my soul out as Cabir hugged me.

"Get a grip of yourself Manik....everything will be okay." Dhruv said as he hugged me from the otherside.

"Guys, let's go to my house. It's near." Aaliya said.

Nandani's POV
Where is everyone? They all were here just a moment ago. I had searched the entire club but I couldn't find anyone. Neither could I find their cars. Manik never does this to me, then....?
"Cabir saab ko dehka?" I asked the manager on duty.

"Yes ma'am....I just saw him and his friends leave the club." He said.

"Do you know where they went?" I asked again.

"No ma'am." He said and left. Where could they have possibly been? Manik seemed to be a little drunk too. Hope he is okay....why aren't they taking my calls? If they aren't at home, then where did they go? Cabir's house, Aaliya's house or Dhruv's house?

Manik's POV
"Dhruv, sorry yaar. I never meant to hurt you like that. I just thought that you valued the competition more than me...I love music but than that's it. Neither was I serious about music nor was I willing to get into that 3 years contract thing. You were my first friend Dhruv....you did so many things for me too back than. Did I not have the right to do anything within my range for you too? How could you be angry about this for so long..?" I said to Dhruv as we walked into Aaliya's house.

"I am sorry Manik....I just couldn't keep my ego aside and appreciate what you did for me. Please Manik...let's just forget everything and start over again as friends." He said regretting his behaviour.

"Saale.....I am sorry for all the shouting and all. I think I am a little drunk." I said.

"Manik....let me take you to the room upstairs. I think you should take some rest." Aaliya said and everyone agreed. "Mukti and Navya, you guys can share the room with me...Cabir and Dhruv, can you guys take the guest room." Aaliya asked and they headed to their rooms.

As we entered the room, Aaliya carefully made me sit on the bed. "Thank you....I think I am very much conscious despite being drunk. You didn't have too...." I said.

"I know, but I wanted to say something. I am....sorry!" Aaliya said. I knew where this was going but I didn't expect her to respond this way as I saw her tearing. "I should have realized long back that you had started loving Nandani, that you had no feelings at all for me since the beginning. I am so sorry for creating the tension between you and Dhruv. I do realize that it's my fault that you avoided trying to untangle your misunderstandings with Dhruv just so that you could have hurt him less because of me forcing onto you."
End of POV

Nandani had somehow figured that everyone had gone to Aaliya's house and reached there. The door was pretty much open and so she entered. Not knowing where to go, she followed to the room upstairs where the lights were on. Just as she was about to enter she heard and saw Manik and Aaliya together.

"I should have realized that you married Nandani because of me....." Aaliya said while Manik got up and wiped her tears. The next thing really broke Nandani's heart where Manik hugged Aaliya.

"It's not your fault at all Aaliya.....Life is just playing games with both of us. Maybe the happiness that we both want is not in our destiny. Dhruv really loves you, give him a chance. He will keep you way happier than even me. I hope at least you get the happiness that you deserve." Manik said as he hugged her while Aaliya cried even more.

However Nandani was scared, heart broken and hurt somewhere in her heart. Though she wasn't able to understand her own self, she felt that she did not belong anywhere in Manik's life, nor at that moment and walked out of the house. Just than Cabir saw her and stopped her.

"What are you doing here?" He asked being furious.

"Manik....." Nandani was going to speak but Cabir didn't let her.

"Please Nandani, leave him alone as soon as you can. I knew that your marriage with Manik was just a...'deal' but it is turing out to be a bad one for Manik. Please....your presences is just not good for Manik anymore." Cabir said and left. Nandani was surprised to see this side of Cabir, especially when he was the first one to accept her into their group. Nandani left the place and went back to Malhotra house. She was.....scared! She knew that she had sorted her past out but her present seemed to be falling apart.  

Nandani's POV
Manik really loves somebody...but he can't be with her. That somebody is none other than Aaliya. Manik can't have her because he doesn't want Dhruv to get hurt. Aaliya's love was never one sided....how could Cabir not see it?! But now.... Cabir behaved this way, so does it mean that I am now the hurdle in their love story? Does it mean Manik wants me to go away from his life....? Something just doesn't feel right! But if Manik wants, I will walk away...just as we agreed to since the beginning....

I didn't realise when I fell asleep but woke up to the opening of the cupboard. Manik was there.

"Good morning." I said while he continued wearing his blazer.

"Good morning." He said and gave me a big smile. He didn't even care to give an explanation about it....even if it was a lie but he looks happy.

"Manik I wanted to tell you about Adit...." I said but he cut me off.

"Nandani.....why don't you visit your parents? You haven't been home for so long now. I think they will be happy to see you at home." Manik said as he continued wearing his tie.

"Yeah...they will be happy to see me at home. You too will get some space after I leave. It's sounds like a good idea." I said but felt so unsatisfied within.

"Of course, it will be good for both of us......I will talk to mom and dad, you just start packing. I will ask the driver to drop you." He said.

"Will you not come to drop me off?...." I asked and that's when he looked at me for the first time today. "I mean....my parents would be happy to see you." I said to not look too desperate.

He kind of looked disappointed at me and took the car keys in his hands. "I won't be able to...I have a meeting to attend." He said and left.

So he does want me to leave from his life....I would have appreciated it if he asked me directly to of leave but it's fine. He has done so much for me, then doing what he wants is not too difficult either. Wake up Nandani, you need to pack....you will be moving out of the house for few days or maybe forever.